Jerry still looked pretty poor today, and i made a vets appointment for this evening. he didn't eat or drink all day so I'm glad i did it this morning. after the whole problem with ben, i didn't want to wait too long. better to be safe...
anyway, the vet checked him over and checked his heart and breathing, and said there didn't seem to be much physical damage. she gave him a rehydrating injection and painkiller, as she thought he was probably just badly bruised, but he was quite dehydrated after two days, and the vet though this was hindering his recovery! we got back about 1hour ago, and already he seems a bit better, he is running around the sofa, which he hasn't done for the last two days. I have to go back if anything changes by fri pm. i currently optimistic though. i've given him another warm water bottle and letting him chill out and recover from the nasty vets trip
I'm also reassured about my relationship with jerry. as soon as the vet put him down, he ran to me, and when we got home and i let him out of his carry case, he snuggled up on my arm against my hand. i think it reassured me more than him! it was really lovely
I will put jerry back with r&r as soon as i can (assuming he's okay), as it seems a shame to waste the whole experience, especially as it seems they possibly resolved the dominance thing. I will defintely wait until i'm sure he's okay though. i really always wanted him to get on with the others, but i think this whole thing confirmed my fears about what would happen if i didn't intervene between the fighting. Unfortunately i have no idea how bad the fighting was, as it all happened overnight. but saying that, there was virtually no blood or scratches this time!!
i wish i hadn't had to remove jez from the equation, but i'd rather he was healthy and living on his own, than leave him in there and him have gotten worse.
Thanks for the advice... again.... i always seem to have questions for you guys. Your replies and advice are really valued!