Introducing Pebbles & Bambam - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Introducing Pebbles & Bambam

I am sooo excited I got these to today.Better pics to come soon,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 01:12 PM

Wahooo, another degu mommy.

Funny what you named them, my mother and father degu are Fred and Wilma. now someone needs to get Betty and Barney.

Hey Christi you need degus!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Quote:
Funny what you named them, my mother and father degu are Fred and Wilma. now someone needs to get Betty and Barney.
Yes Sassy me and Sonya was looking at your website yesterday and saw tFred and Wilma they are very cute.WE got these 2 home and I was getting them settled in and she said Pebbles and Bambam would be cute names for them.
Quote:
Hey Christi you need degus!
I think she does too

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 03:32 PM
Mother to BullDog Hammie

Yay Runt! You will love your little degu pals! They are such entertaining and sweet little creatures!
Enjoy!
Susan
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 04:26 PM
Fertile Myrtle

I'll tell hun you two think so - I doubt he'll be pleased!! LOL

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 05:37 PM
James

Smile

Hello, and welcome to the world of degus! I'm glad you got these unique little critters I'm sure you'll just love them I love the names! They are really creative, it's funny because I know someone who just got 2 chinchillas and named them Bam Bam and Pebbles
Christi, I'm sure you'll end up getting a few sooner or later

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Thank You all.I think they are so sweet.Something that is puzzling me is they are not very vocal.I have not heard a peep out of them.THey are still afraid of me but am hoping with time they will learn to trust me enough to come out of the cage on their own.They will come to the side but run if I get close.They must of had it pretty bad to be so afraid of me.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 09:08 PM
Mother to BullDog Hammie

Hi Runt! Hope you are enjoying those new degus! I found that my degus that were very social and curious in the shop became very quiet and shy when they got to their new home. It took them a while to come out of their shells, but I used the treat method and that worked! As soon as they were comfortable and had made their new cage 'home', they started making all sorts of vocalizations, and would come to the cage door when I walked by to see if they could weedle a treat out of me. Later on I had to move all three of my degu cages into another room in my house, and the same thing happened - all the degus became quiet and shy and skittish again. It took a good week or two before they were comfortable again! So it may not be that they were mistreated, it may just be a degu adjustment thing! Hope this helps. And enjoy those furbabies!
Susan
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Tkdsusan I got these 2 from an exotic auction.The little box that they were in when I took the pic.Was what they were in when they were auctioned off.THey had no food or water for about 2 hours while they were waiting to be sold.The guy that brought them in actually grabbed one by the tail.Anyway I think they are great and have been wanting some for along time.I did get to here alittle noise from them tonight.They were fussing over their food after I turned out the light.I creeped back to the room to listen and heard them.I will be posting pics as soon as they are a little calmer.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 01:41 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Congrats on your degus Runt!

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 06:08 AM
Mother to BullDog Hammie

OK, now I see what you mean! They were certainly a bit traumatized by the auction experience! But with your tender loving care, I know they will bounce back and give you tons of enjoyment! They are sooooo lucky they got YOU for an owner! Have fun!
Susan
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Wahooo They are starting to be very vocal.I had to put an extra food dish in so they can both eat at the same time.LOL Oh they are just great.They are starting to come around more everyday.They will come up to the cage wire and watch me and make different little noises.They are still afraid of me but I have alot of patients and someday I am hoping to hold them in my hand.I am trying to learn their little noises so I can mimick them in hopes they will trust me more.I know this sounds crazy but I love to try to makes the same noises all my pets do.

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 02:42 AM
ChinTopia

Quote:
Betty and Barney
I have Betty and Barney, but they are chins

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 06:10 AM

LOL CT, I have Betty and Barney the degus.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 07:22 AM
Mother to BullDog Hammie

Runt, I'm so glad you are enjoying your new furbabies so much! Don't they have the cutest little voices? Some of their vocalizations are just hilarious, I just love listening to them. Last night, mine heard a mouse squeak somewhere in the house and all started cheeping like crazy, it was so bizarre! Never a dull moment with the degu gang!
Best wishes,
Susan