Jager's Progress - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Jager's Progress

yes progress!! that's what i said...hehe mommy's so proud of her little baby!!

tonite while doing the standard: put my hand in the cage and let Jager smell it and i talk to him...he decided that he would go up to the higher level and smell my face thru the bars and so then i talked to him some more and he sat there and listened and then he crawled back down to where my hand was and nibbled on my index finger a little...this was like a first for him to do this! then he put BOTH paws on my hand and nibbled all the tips of my fingers and my finger nails!!! THEN he put his full weight on my hand and stood up on his hind legs momentairly!!! i'm so happy!! i know it didn't last long but he just calmly crawled off then went back up to see my face and then would go back down to my hand and put his two paws on my hand again and smell and nibble around.... it's good that he's nibbling his mom right? good thing it doesn't hurt at all!!! i think him and i may beginning a beautiful relationship of owner and pet

so that is my excitement!!!!! :hpydance:

P.S.

He still chews on the bars but not as often as he used to... i play Tori Amos and he seems to stop or if i sing...i know this is probly negative attention that encourages him.... but i dunno what else to do *shrug* Mommy still loves him!!

Last edited by tarita2004; 07-19-2006 at 12:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaawwwww thats great news, the chewing on your fingers is a very good sign as it's a greeting that degu's use for one another and only do it if they like you

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

YAY!!! I'm so excited!! except that i'm driving home to dillon tomm. and i am leaving Jager w/my boyfriend...he's gonna miss me i'm afraid
and i'm gonna miss him!!

but i'll only be gone thurs - sunday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm sure he will be fine, just make sure your boyfriend gives him lots of attention and if he has time it might be worth him doing what you have with putting your hand in and talking gently to him as Jager will need to get used to him and by doing this it will be less stressful to him and he will settle quicker

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Tags
hind legs