Just got in another male Degu into our rescue! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Just got in another male Degu into our rescue!

Yep I'm fostering another male degu (I'm already am fostering 2 more males) for my rescue as a group of parents in an elemtary school ruled aggainst class pets, so all these class pets were offered to us(many mice, rats, guinea pigs and a lonely degu). I really dont see anything wrong with having class pets, besides possibly allergies some kids may have but animals can be very educational and for those kids who are not able to have animals at home have the ablilty to care and pet one in school. If anything, its motivation to go to school lol, but whatever.
When we got the animals they didnt even have cages, they were brought to us in card board boxes! Grrrrrr, anyways so I've given the new boy his own 2 floor cage(the one in the picture) right beside our previous 2 males degus I'm fostering and let them sniff noses and get to know each other for a few days. I will later try to introduce him with the other two later on. Poor guy must've been alone for awhile so Im sure he'll like the company and there's only 1 months difference in age between the degus which is perfect.
I will get pictures of him when he's more relaxed and not so scared(who knows how many little kids were always bugging him).

Just for show in tell, here's the two energetic boys I'm already fostering that I'm gonna introduce the new guy to(these guys have been upgraded to bunny cage now!). As you can see, they love to turn their cage upside down. Such kids, but i love 'em

I just wanted to update you guys on our lastest rescues.

Last edited by snowyangel; 04-03-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 12:03 PM

awww very cute!! congrats!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I just let Hutch(the new guy) meet Hefner and all he wanted to do was hump him. I'm gonna check their sexes again just to be sure, but their was no aggression, they got along fine! Now i just have Hugh(the grumpier degu) left :S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Cute!!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 05:49 PM

Congrats on your new degu, even if it is a foster one!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaawwwww what a cute picture that is, congratulations

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Tags
guinea pig