Largest Degu cage on UK Market? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Largest Degu cage on UK Market?

Hi there,

My partner and I are looking to adopt a couple of degus and wanted to buy the biggest cage possible. We wanted solid floors not meshed, but other than that we have no preferences, other than the bigger the better.

At the moment we are thinking that the Liberta Explorer cage is the best one for us. Anyone have any other suggestions please?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Adolescent Pup

I'm not from the UK but the double Liberta Explorer cage looks alot like the Midwest Critter Nation double-units that I have. Looks like a great cage. You might need some metal trays to put at the full levels to keep the litter in and make cleaning easier. (Degus will chew plastic, so metal is better.) There are a couple of degu-specific forums like the Degu World Forum and Degutopia that have many experienced members from the UK that could be of further help with both cages and other issues you might encounter with your degus.

Please keep us posted – would love to hear more once you've adopted the degus.

A word of advice: Learn how to sex them or take them to a vet to sex them because alot of pet stores/rescues etc. make mistakes (degu males and females look alot alike – not like rats, gerbils, etc. that are easily distinguishable.). You can learn how to sex them from the forums as well.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Hi there,

Yes, that is the cage we were looking at originally, we have also seen it sold under different names and in different colours, so chances are it is the same cage that you have

We are now looking to having a custom made cage from John Hopewell

Thank you for your words of advice, we recently saw four adorable degus for adoption at a local chain pet store, which had been a result of the store selling two degus of opposite sex to a customer who thought she was getting two males xx

Tags
cage, degu