light yellow/white teeth :| - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
HCTRMLDD-L

light yellow/white teeth :|

I have 4 baby degus(3 months and 4 months old) and 2 of them (the older ones) have very light yellow/white teeth. The younger ones have dark orange teeth. Ive been trying to give them all sweet potatoes and carrots but the older boy wont eat any veggies what so ever. Just the guinea pig and chinchilla pellets. I have never had degus before and im really scared something is wrong with them. Im trying soo hard. Is there any way I can reverse this or help them out? I change their water every day sometimes twice a day and it is fresh bottled water. Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Don't worry about the teeth unless they're totally white .

Have you tried other vegetables like romaine lettuce, bell peppers, cucumbers, escarole, etc. ? Those are just a few off the top of my head, I've posted lists before . Carrots are too sugary to feed on a regular basis and sweet potatoes should also be limited (because they're very rich in calcium).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Newborn Pup

Also, can you find Degu pellets? Read the ingredients and there is sugar of some type in rabbit and chinchilla food. I was buying my degu food online but a local-owned pet store in the next town over will keep degu food in stock for me since I buy a bag a week or 4 a month if I know Im not going that way for a while. I noticed a big change in their activity level and happy chirpping since switching to just degu pellets (and veggies of course)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
HCTRMLDD-L

Thank you this is big help is there any possible way they can go back orange and healthy looking?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Some degus' teeth just fade with age, they'll probably stay light unless it was a dietary issue (and if it is, it's not a huge one since they aren't totally white).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
HCTRMLDD-L

yeah no, with looking at their teeth everyday, they have yellow in them. just not orange. im gunna get some degu pellets too!