new :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Smile

hello all whom didn't read my post in the introductions part of the forum...umm...well i guess i'll say the same stuff. i'm a new mommy to a male degu, Jager Meister and i also own an exotic tiger salamander, Senor Capitan. just looking for some good pointers and what ppl feed their Degus besides their standard feed (aka what kind of treats to give ) i did buy some peanuts in the shell for Jager
thanks,
hope to hear from you guys soon
Tara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Hello and welcome to PT

Treatwise my boys have a mixture of different things but anything i do give them is always in moderation as too many treats aren't good for degu's. Aside from there dried mix they have a few fresh veggies such as broccolli, green beans, carrot, tomato, cucumber, spring onions (scallions). Smaller treats include puffed wheat, shreaded wheat, dried corn, sunflower seeds, raisens, dried peas, dried carrot, sometimes carrot biscuits or alfalfa slims (but these are only once a month kind of treats) and hay cubes. Ocassionally i will give them a whole peanut in the shell or a hazlenut, brazil nut or walnut (as they help to wear the teeth down but this isn't something i give them very often as they are high in fat), occasionally i also give them a tiny piece of apple but thats only rare but in small amounts it is ok. They also like toasted wholemeal bread and little pieces of cracker. I tend to alternate what i give to them and everything is in moderation

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Tags
dried corn, hay cubes, sunflower seeds