New Degus !!Help!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Exclamation New Degus !!Help!!

what is the best way to pick up and handle a degu?? How do u no what sex there are??? i bought them form a pet shop and they did not tell me !!!! one is active and dose every thing(lee) the over one is lazy and dose not do as much(Rowan). Lee is smaller than Rowan. please can some one help me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KITTEN ==== Elise (10 months)
KITTEN ==== Millie (11 months)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====Fatty (3 year oldish)

====Skinny (RIP 2 year oldish)

==== Fanny (RIP 9 Months)
DOG ====Deno (RIP 11years old)
PUPPY ===Alfie (RIP 9 months)

====Bertey (RIP 3 year old)
GERBIL====Nicola (RIP 2 years old)
FISH====80+(RIP)
RIP to Lots more Miss you all
Pink is for Female......Blue is for male

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 12:13 AM

For picking up and handling, the best thing to do is to use both hands and use a "scooping" technique. Put 1 hand on each side, and come up from underneath their body with both hands at the same time. (I've heard of some people using a mug, and kind of scooping them up in the mug - I guess if they are totally untame or bitey.) Once they get used to you, you can probably put 1 hand in there and they'll jump in it with great gusto!

This website has 2 great photos to help you sex your degus:

http://www.degus-online.de/english.htm

Scroll down to the "Sexing Your Degu" section and you'll see the photos. Hope this helps! And congratulations on the new additions. They make such wonderful pets!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 12:43 PM

hi i am new to degus too and its been fun mine are fighting now but they was just like yours, its good that we can come on here and find out about them.

Tags
degus