Rosie's Nest - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Rosie's Nest

I went over to check on the degus this afternoon and was confused when I was only greeted by Hikaru and Ichigo. I couldn't even find Rosie! I was really worried, thinking she somehow escaped...until I noticed a HUGE pile of hay in the corner and it started to move . She seems to have made a big nest! I thought it was really cool because my other two never made a nest before...

Here are a couple pics, ignore the messy cage, it needs to be cleaned, lol:

Believe it or not, she's in that pile of hay somewhere !

Sorry I couldn't get any pictures of the actual degus, they wouldn't stay still. Maybe when I feed them I can try again.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 11:34 PM

Aww thats so cute My degus always find little hiding spots and worry me too! Did you actually check her to make sure she wasn't hurt? Maybe lure her out with a treat
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandy
Aww thats so cute My degus always find little hiding spots and worry me too! Did you actually check her to make sure she wasn't hurt? Maybe lure her out with a treat
She came out right after I took the pics .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 11:40 PM

Ok good, I was just being a worried degu mommy
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandy
Ok good, I was just being a worried degu mommy
Yup, I understand. I forgot to mention it. All I did was shake the container of food . She's so silly.

~Stephanie

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 05:29 AM

Thats always a good indication of ill degus! shake the treat box... they always come running!

cool nest! rosie must be really snuggly in there!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaawwwww that is just so cute Rupert used to do that in his hammock. I woke up one day to find this huge pile of hay in it and it grew daily he put cardboard, shavings and even bits of carpet in it. He used to sleep right in the centre of it in a little hollow and he was as snug as a bug in there and would spend hours sorting it out etc.... Here is a picture of it:

I love the creativity of degu's it always amuses me especially when it comes to treats

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethystbelle
aaawwwww that is just so cute Rupert used to do that in his hammock. I woke up one day to find this huge pile of hay in it and it grew daily he put cardboard, shavings and even bits of carpet in it. He used to sleep right in the centre of it in a little hollow and he was as snug as a bug in there and would spend hours sorting it out etc.... Here is a picture of it:

I love the creativity of degu's it always amuses me especially when it comes to treats
Yeah, I noticed she had bits of cardboard in it too. It's very cool .

I'm thinking she made it because it's been so chilly lately.

~Stephanie

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:26 PM

Aww that is so cute!