searching for advice.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

searching for advice....

hey degu lovers like me (i'm searching for all advice/input) i put this in the chinchilla section but would also like all your guys' feed back as well if you have any... THANKS

well as my title says...i may be bringing home a chin tomm. (i'm in dillon, mt my hometown and i live in missoula, mt which is about a 187 mile drive) but a family friend is selling their chinchillla w/the cage to me for $40 i don't think i can say no...i'm gonna go see him/her later today and get some details.... he currently doesn't have a wheel and doesn't have a dust bath sad for the lil chin.... so i think that i have to buy him just to make sure he/she lives a happy life. they don't have time to hold him anymore now that all their kids moved away to college and they know he/she's not getting the attention needed.
well i will post more info when i get it
but when i looked at the lil chin on saturday it kinda 'spat' at me and jumped at me a lil but the came up and nibbled on my nails and licked my fingers a little and was really looking at me like who are you!?! haha. but hopefully the lil chin will confirm to me that it wants a new home....

any input/advice would be wonderful! (as i've never owned a chin and i currently own a degu (for like 3 weeks now))

Thanks you all!!! (ahead of time )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarita2004
hey degu lovers like me (i'm searching for all advice/input) i put this in the chinchilla section but would also like all your guys' feed back as well if you have any... THANKS

well as my title says...i may be bringing home a chin tomm. (i'm in dillon, mt my hometown and i live in missoula, mt which is about a 187 mile drive) but a family friend is selling their chinchillla w/the cage to me for $40 i don't think i can say no...i'm gonna go see him/her later today and get some details.... he currently doesn't have a wheel and doesn't have a dust bath sad for the lil chin.... so i think that i have to buy him just to make sure he/she lives a happy life. they don't have time to hold him anymore now that all their kids moved away to college and they know he/she's not getting the attention needed.
well i will post more info when i get it
but when i looked at the lil chin on saturday it kinda 'spat' at me and jumped at me a lil but the came up and nibbled on my nails and licked my fingers a little and was really looking at me like who are you!?! haha. but hopefully the lil chin will confirm to me that it wants a new home....

any input/advice would be wonderful! (as i've never owned a chin and i currently own a degu (for like 3 weeks now))

Thanks you all!!! (ahead of time )

well i went and saw the little guy!! i'm so excited. It's a boy and he's approx 4 yrs old. he LOVES to be held!! he is what i think a pretty standard color...he's blackish with silver underneath and i'm pretty sure i'm bringing him home w/me tomm... YAY
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm hoping to get a chinchilla very soon after years of researching them and finally having the time and space to commit to one so congrats, i'm so excited for you

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethystbelle
I'm hoping to get a chinchilla very soon after years of researching them and finally having the time and space to commit to one so congrats, i'm so excited for you

THNX My new chin is way exciting and cute I just got him and me home (to missoula) and we are all good. Before i owned Jager, my degu i had bought books and etc. on Chinchillas and planned on owning one...then *poof* my degu was cheaper and caught my eye so now i own both and i have plenty of time and space....so it looks like a chin is 'in tha house'

Tags
dust bath