Sharing Squirrels - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Sharing Squirrels

Hi

I have been perusing this forum and have gained a lot of insight into degu care. I'm glad that this forum exists for degu lovers to share information with each other. The pix have been sooooo adorable of everyone's squirrels!!! I'll post pix of my own four crazy girls soon.

Thanks,

KL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 10:41 PM

^^ Degus are so much fun. I don't have my own just yet (in a couple of days, or even just one) but I have to quench my thirst for them by playing with my friend's.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 05:07 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Hello and I hope you enjoy it on PT and look forward to seeing your pictures very soon as we love Degu pictures on here and can't get enough of them

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Pix of the crazy girls!

The first one is of Subaru and Fatty. Fatty has her paw on her woodblock which she loves to play "squirrel fetch" with. They are both two and we purchased them from a local breeder.

The second is of our "squirrel babies" Carrie and Hilary with Subaru. They are both one and we adopted them from the Toronto Humane Society.

I'm not sure if its normal for degus, but the babies seem a lot more hyper than the older ones and are a bit thinner and have a lighter coat. Fatty and Subaru are more muscular than the babies as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Squirrel Babies.jpg (42.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Squirrels.jpg (47.9 KB, 19 views)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaawwwww what cuties It is perfectly normal for the younger ones to be a lot more active and hyper than the older ones, when they reach about 18 months they tend to calm down a little bit, they also fatten out more as they get older

Kirsty

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. The girls thank you too! I love it when they bundle up in a squirrel pile..it's sooo adorable! It's really hard to get pix of them though because their movements are so fast.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I know what you mean, i have to wait long and hard to achieve good photos of my brood and then i still have to be quick and i'm quite handyand quick with the camera I love degu piles aswell there is nothing quite as cute to me. I posted some pictures a while back of 4 of my 7 boys huddled up. Here is one of my favourites

Kirsty

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

I'm getting a lot better though the more pix I take of them. They're not so much tweed blurs now. The people that are able to take really great shots of them in books and mags must have had sooo much practise. Awwwwww...squirrel pile. All four of them squished up in the top shelf corner of their cage once and they were doing some fancy arcobatics just to stay balanced. I wish I had caught that on film!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

It does take practise but it is worth while and the end results are definately worth it. I do photography as a hobby and a career and my degu's are the hardest things to capture sucessfully at times, thank god for digital cameras is all i have to say

Kirsty

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 11:37 AM

Haha. I'm impressed by your great photography skills. But I just suck at taking pictures! The ones in my signature were taken by Chaotic Exotics, where I got my babies from, but I just can't capture their cuteness using my own camera. I guess my hands are a bit too shaky, and my camera is...sort of...really...bad. Yeah. But I'll keep trying. I do have inspiration now.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

I want to get them when they're fighting over the wheel, playing "squirrel fetch.", and when they cover each other with Kleenex too is just soo adorable.

Last edited by KLocke; 03-14-2006 at 01:30 PM.

Tags
degu care, humane society