Some new pics of my degus... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Red face Some new pics of my degus...

Here are some new pics of my degus I took today..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Red face

And more....

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Adolescent Pup

Awwww, they are so cute! Love your cage!
~Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:48 PM

They are soooooo cute! You spoil them so much! Look at how clean the cage is. Thanks so much for posting Steph!
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLin22
Awwww, they are so cute! Love your cage!
~Jenn
Thanks! That is their 2nd one, the first was another one made of coated metal that mysteriously got a gap in it big enough for Jimmy to escape from..
They love the cage and I try to buy them new toys every so often..
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
They are soooooo cute! You spoil them so much! Look at how clean the cage is. Thanks so much for posting Steph!
Thanks Natalie! There is a reason why it is so clean, I tidy it every day when I put them in the other cage for a sandbath.. I took those pics about 5 mins after putting them in there, and they were so busy eating their treats they didnt have time to make a mess..
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:46 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaawwwww love the new pictures Steph they are all so very cute

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 03:51 PM

Gorgeous pictures!! Bless... They're beautiful...

I have that cage for my ratties - I did a big 're-shuffle' yesterday and found that now the shelves are in the position they are supposed to be in, it works much better! :hitself:

I couldn't get to 'certain bits' of the cage before. That's what comes of chucking the instructions and doing things my own way, I guess!! Do the degu's eat the shelves at all? I have the ferplast corner shelves for the rat's cages and wondered if they's be a bit too, well, 'edible' to degu's...... Just a total presumption as I know nothing from 'real experience'. (Am mentally setting up and arranging a cage for degu's despite the fact it's going to be some time before I can have any..... ) I live in hope!

Boy, my first proper reply and look how much I've gone on.... I do apologise... Lovely pics anyway!
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Do degu's eat plastic shelves? Its dependent upon degu as every degu is different some chew some don't, my first degu's used to chew through their plastic igloo's at one a month whereas the ones i have now might have the odd nibble but thats about it and they are all still pretty much intact. I always think shelves can be replaced its if they chew a plastic base of a cage when you have to worry thats why i invested in metal based cages as i have seen the damage two little degu's can inflict on a plastic cage base over night

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 10:33 AM

what kind of cage is that? It looks very nice. My degus cage is huge, and it is such an eye sore. They love it, but its soooooo hard to clean. Plus, there are no solid shelves in it so I have to cover them. I must have the messiest degus in the world. I try to tidy up everyday, but it doesn't really help that much. They always manage to destroy any toys I give them, including this really nice bird nest thingy that hangs in the cage. Of course, it was made out of straw and baskety stuff, so I should have guessed theyed destroy it in no time. But, it was cute while it lasted. Which was less than a week. Anyways, your degus are such cuties. They look very happy, munching away.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethystbelle
aaaaawwwww love the new pictures Steph they are all so very cute
Thanks Kirsty! So are yours, need to see new pics!!!
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanlou
Gorgeous pictures!! Bless... They're beautiful...

I have that cage for my ratties - I did a big 're-shuffle' yesterday and found that now the shelves are in the position they are supposed to be in, it works much better! :hitself:

I couldn't get to 'certain bits' of the cage before. That's what comes of chucking the instructions and doing things my own way, I guess!! Do the degu's eat the shelves at all? I have the ferplast corner shelves for the rat's cages and wondered if they's be a bit too, well, 'edible' to degu's...... Just a total presumption as I know nothing from 'real experience'. (Am mentally setting up and arranging a cage for degu's despite the fact it's going to be some time before I can have any..... ) I live in hope!

Boy, my first proper reply and look how much I've gone on.... I do apologise... Lovely pics anyway!
Thanks!
As Kirsty has mentioned they do chew plastic. These plastic shelves are from their 2nd cage which I got rid of and I just put them in this one as they like lots of shelves etc to play on..
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovesmepets
what kind of cage is that? It looks very nice. My degus cage is huge, and it is such an eye sore. They love it, but its soooooo hard to clean. Plus, there are no solid shelves in it so I have to cover them. I must have the messiest degus in the world. I try to tidy up everyday, but it doesn't really help that much. They always manage to destroy any toys I give them, including this really nice bird nest thingy that hangs in the cage. Of course, it was made out of straw and baskety stuff, so I should have guessed theyed destroy it in no time. But, it was cute while it lasted. Which was less than a week. Anyways, your degus are such cuties. They look very happy, munching away.
Thanks!
This is a pic of their cage, ( changed around since it was taken) the wooden shelves came with it, the plastic ones are from their old ferplast one.. I tidy their cage out daily, just wiping the shelves etc. Then a big clean out once a week or fortnight..
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 12:34 PM

They are very cute and the cage is lovely.
Are degus like over-grown gerbils?
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_smurtles
They are very cute and the cage is lovely.
Are degus like over-grown gerbils?
Thanks Sheryl!
Some people do say that about them, but dont tell the degus as they will get a complex!