sounds.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Question sounds....

so as a new owner i have not yet figured out all the sounds of my degu. but sometimes jager does a quick little chirp or squeak. i wonder if it's b/c he wants attention or if it's somehting different. Sometimes he does it for like 15 min straight at nite randomly but it sounds different than the short ones during the day. any ideas suggestions??
oh and a update though...he has figured out how to crawl around the apartment like crazy in his ball, before he just sat in it. so that's exciting and i think he's beggining to learn what his wheel is and how to use it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:41 AM

mine do that 2 sometimes at night, mine make the noise when thier dreaming/sleeping. my other degus must be pissed off when one of them start making the noise .
just wait until your degu figures out that he can chew thru the ball, i stopped letting my degus run in the balls after they started chewing through it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

my lil degu's too innocent to chew thru the ball haha. i wish. but he hasn't figured it out yet (chewing it that is) and he begs to play in it. soooo cute! do you guys give yours dust baths????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 01:44 PM

i leave thier dustbath in thier cage all the time. if you want to save on money i wouldnt leave it in thier cage because you have to change the sand way more often.
i remember when my degus were innocent... 2 used to run in the same ball, they loved it. if only they didnt start chewing it and got 2 big for thier ball. they grow up so fast
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 04:44 PM

My degu used to do that all the time when I first got him. I never did figure out why he was doing it but I guess it wasn't anything to worry about because he stopped doing it after awhile. Like vinamp said, mine only make that noise when they're sleeping now.

Degu noises are awesome. I love hearing them chirp and warble at each other.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

yes, i very much enjoy listening to Jager talking. I just wished i always understood him I have figured out his voice when he's saying "mommy, come here! hold me!"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 11:03 PM
RAT ADDICT

I learned something new!Hehe...I never knew degus made little sounds!Thats so cute!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

VERY super cute
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 01:40 PM

im assuming the 15 minute chirps mean fear or something negative I just aquierd (2)3YEAR OLDS and theyve gone off twice in the last day
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Its a warning signal telling the other something isn't right and to be on guard, they do it when they are scared or get spooked.

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Tags
dust bath, dust baths