think i maybe gettin some babies!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Talking think i maybe gettin some babies!!!!!

i'm pretty sure that podge had his wicked way the other night! he would not stop squeaking for about 2 hours and he looked incredibly pleased with himself it was so sweet he was really really affectionate with truffle afterwards is that a normal trait?
he's been wooing her now for about a month taking her his favorite treats an stuff, he's such a romantic! they have been together since they were babies and it's been lovely watching them grow up together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaawwww well congratulations and fingers crossed for you

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

thought i better just mention that podge and truffle aren't related i bought them at the same time but from different litters from different parents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Congrats! If she is pregnant good luck, once the babies are born you will be smitten.. When one of mine gave birth I got so protective of them... You may find it a good idea to get the male one neutered soon, as once she has given birth he will try again.. I had my only male one done, he now lives with 4 females, and no risk of more babies..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Aw! Congrats!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Naked Dog Mom

Aw, degu babies are so cute so I know you'll have fun with them if you do get some. Mine are only a few days old, and I don't know how I'm going to part with any of them. If I had it my way, we'd buy a second cage and keep all of 'em. Boys in one cage, girls in another.

Momma to three pups:

Ein, Pembroke Welsh Corgi (black headed tri) born 7/12/2004
Tucker, golden colored lab mix, rescue - est dob fall 2004
Colleen rough collie (sable and white), rescue - est dob: 2003-2004
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Reckon That's What I'll Be Doin Tho Steve Seems To Be Under The Illusion That We Will Sell Them, Oh Well He'll Soon Be Put Right!!!! No Man Should Come Between A Girl And Her Degus!!!!!!!!!

A CUDDLE A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY AND DEGU KISSES ARE EVEN BETTER!!!

PODGE
CHARLIE

TRUFFLE
CHI CHI

MR BO JANGLES

DIDDY BOB
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Naked Dog Mom

lol. I agree. And if I could argue my way into keeping them all, I would. My boyfriend probably wouldn't mind. The reason I can't keep them all is that we're currently living with his father, trying to save up enough money to be able to move out on our own. It's his dad's house, so we have to follow his dad's rules. He's kind enough to let us stay here at all, so what he says is pretty much non-negotiable, kwim? If by some miracle we have our own apartment within the next two months, we will be keeping all the degus.

Momma to three pups:

Ein, Pembroke Welsh Corgi (black headed tri) born 7/12/2004
Tucker, golden colored lab mix, rescue - est dob fall 2004
Colleen rough collie (sable and white), rescue - est dob: 2003-2004
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

i wish you loads of luck in finding somewhere and i'll keep my fingers crossed!!!!!!!! save the degu babies now!!!!!!

A CUDDLE A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY AND DEGU KISSES ARE EVEN BETTER!!!

PODGE
CHARLIE

TRUFFLE
CHI CHI

MR BO JANGLES

DIDDY BOB