Toys for goos - Page 6 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Try and go for organic compost its usually the best as it doesn't contain any nasties

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

ok. I looked in kmart today for grass seed and I can't believe how expensive it is! For a small--maybe-- 5 pound bag, it is $12-$15. Unbelievable! Maybe it will be cheaper somewhere else. Would parakeet seeds work? I read on a website of someone who uses those, although they used it for their rats. I will look for the organic compost stuff. Thanks

My Second Family:

Snickers---2 year old Sheltie pup
Shadow---1 yr German Shepherd pup
Carmen--- cream longhaired boy kitty
Chloe---black shorthaired girl kitty
Tyge---my baby 1 yr dark tiger kitty

Ebony---(girl) 2 yr old silver fox bunny
Baby ---(Boy) gray Bunny 1 yr old!!
Tweety---6 month loud mouth parakeet

tubby---Winter white dwarf hamster
? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

RIP-- Prettyboy 3 yeat old parakeet

post #78 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I managed to scavenge a tissue box to use, but I was worried about the size of the hole. I have seen websites that they use tissue box's for rats, so I was wondering a goos. I also got a old shoe box and cut a swinging door into it. I really like this shoe box for them b/c it's slanted --it was for high-heels-- and it makes it more secretive!

Manasmom, I have been meaning to ask you what a ferret ball is. I have never heard of them, and you said your goo loves it. Thanks

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Well, everybody knows that x-mas is coming up, and I was going to save some of the wrapping paper rolls. Would these be okay if I just like cut a slit all the way down the center so they couldn't get their heads stuck. Any other homemade toy ideas?? I love to get things that are available for everyday use, like toilet paper rolls and things like that. I'm not a person who is big on spending bunches of $$, just to have it chewed up!!! Would any kind of cardboard things be ok? like tissue boxs and cardboard boxes. thanks

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

post #80 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

We use cardboard tubes (slit if they aren't big enough to fit a chinchilla in), boxes (tissue,cereal etc...) and even cardboard sheeting here. I'm all for saving money where i can and they appreciate the tubes and boxes etc much more then any fancy toy

Kirsty

post #81 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 09:50 AM

Yep, I use tissue boxes, paper towel and toilet tissue rolls, and any other kind of little boxes. They love anything like that. They love to strip it, tear it apart, carry it around, and generally have a ball!

One thing about Goos - they're pretty easy to please! They do seem to like any old home made thing.
post #82 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Great!! I never really thought of cereal boxes. I will tell my mom to start saving them out for me!

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

post #83 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Cereal boxes are funny to watch degus work on as they tend to strip the paper of the outside and then you see them with great big chunks of cardboard running at full speed around the cage and getting angry when it won't fit in the small gap they are trying to get through

Kirsty

post #84 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 10:53 PM

LOL Too funny! That's classic!
post #85 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

A while ago, I had put a toilet paper roll in my girls cage, and at some point during the day, I heard shreiking coming from the girls cage. When I went to see what's going on, one of them was stuck inside it! It was so funny, but she was so scared. So I picked her up and ended up have to shake it so she could get out. She was wedged inside it with only her backlegs and below hanging out. When she was freed from it she plopped down in a fluffy ball chirped once touched my nose and walked away.

So now when I give them toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, wrapping paper rolls, etc I cut or rip the edges on both sides so it's still stuck together but no one could get stuck again.

Tags
bird toys, cardboard box, cardboard boxes, carefresh bedding, chew toy, chew toys, corn cob, corn cob bedding, dog bed, dried pine, dried pine shavings, dwarf hamster, guinea pig, guinea pig cage, guinea pig food, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, level cage, litter box, nesting material, pet owner, pet shop, pet store, pet stores, pig food, pine bedding, pine shavings, timothy hay, wire cage, wire mesh