transportation - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Question transportation

Even though I have not officially founds some goos to call mine, It is pretty much guranteed that I will have to transport them from a distance. What can I use to transport them in? I used small plastic carry containers for my dwarf hamsters, and I know goos won't fit in them, lol. I am pretty sure it's a bad idea to put them in a cardboard box, they would more then likely chew through that in a matter of minutes! So if anyone has any ideas, please share!!!

My Second Family:

Snickers---2 year old Sheltie pup
Shadow---1 yr German Shepherd pup
Carmen--- cream longhaired boy kitty
Chloe---black shorthaired girl kitty
Tyge---my baby 1 yr dark tiger kitty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebony---(girl) 2 yr old silver fox bunny
Baby ---(Boy) gray Bunny 1 yr old!!
Tweety---6 month loud mouth parakeet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tubby---Winter white dwarf hamster
? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

RIP-- Prettyboy 3 yeat old parakeet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 05:03 PM

Whenever I have to transport Imana anywhere, I use my cat carrier or "Pet Taxi" to do it. I put a BIG towel inside, and she burrows into it to hide if she needs to. Then I drape a big towel on the outside, to keep out any gusts of wind, and make it dark so she'll feel safer.

I'll usually throw a timothy cube in there for her to munch on if she feels the need, but I think she's usually a little too scared to munch.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 07:18 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I have a large small pet carrier designed for chinchillas and rats which works pretty well. I usually fill it with hay and straw and pop a few treats in and it works pretty well

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

So they won't like chew through it before I can say "Oh-no, they're chewing through!" lol About the pet taxi thing, I have a small one, I went out and lookied at the holes in the front, and they look like they are to big, and goos would be able to squeeze right out. IDK maybe it's just me

My Second Family:

Snickers---2 year old Sheltie pup
Shadow---1 yr German Shepherd pup
Carmen--- cream longhaired boy kitty
Chloe---black shorthaired girl kitty
Tyge---my baby 1 yr dark tiger kitty

Ebony---(girl) 2 yr old silver fox bunny
Baby ---(Boy) gray Bunny 1 yr old!!
Tweety---6 month loud mouth parakeet

tubby---Winter white dwarf hamster
? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

RIP-- Prettyboy 3 yeat old parakeet

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I use this carrier for transporting adults: Travel Kennel: Petmate Cabin Kennel at PETCO

It IS possible for them to chew through it (like any other plastic carrier) but it would take a long time and in a car they'll probably be too scared.

For babies I use something like this: Petsmart.com - Reptile: Cages: All Living Things® Critter Totes

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Tags
cardboard box, dwarf hamster, dwarf hamsters