Update on health, post-squashing - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

Update on health, post-squashing

Heya guys, updating on how she it after i squashed her. She's still alive! yaaayyy!!!!!!! she's runnin on the wheel a little better, she takes more animated dust baths, today she jailbroke as soon as i opened the door, so i know she's back to her old self lol. she's still shy, but has her spunk back. i came down with an ugly flu over the last night, so today i have a blanket wrapped around me. well when she jailbroke, after i caught her, she just curled up in the blanket with me and took a nap!!!! a degu did this!!!! i coudln't believe it!!! i figue maybe she was cold and just using me lol. but whatever, it made my day, what a wonderful christmas present! fell asleep on my hand all buried in blanket, with just her head poking out so i could see her, oh!!! so cute!!! i WISH i could have gotten the camera, oh man, she snoozed for a good 10 minutes before she started scurrying on me again. at least i know she's not afraid of me, what a princess!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 12:04 AM
RAT ADDICT

I am glad that she is doing so much better.Thats GREYT news!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

hehe i know!! whew....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaawwww thats great to hear

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

thanks

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 06:51 PM

I'm so glad she's doing better! And it's so cute how she curled up with you like that.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 06:13 AM

ahh.... so glad to hear shes not badly damaged!

(i know what you mean about the cuddling - makes you feel loved doesn't it)
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

oh it's the greatest feeling ever

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 09:26 PM

Can Degus catch things like influenza like most other rodents? if so , I'd not be snuggling with her while sick..just a suggestion. Strep, and other things..are usually transimissible as well. Not sure about Degus but to most other rodents.
Glad she's still alive though.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlunderrainbow
Can Degus catch things like influenza like most other rodents? if so , I'd not be snuggling with her while sick..just a suggestion. Strep, and other things..are usually transimissible as well. Not sure about Degus but to most other rodents.
Glad she's still alive though.
Degus can catch colds but it is uncertain as whether is it is the same strain humans get but i believe it to be so. Whenever i have a cold i take precautions and keep away as much as possible from my guys and don't let them get too near me as it is better to be safe then sorry as something that is as simple as a cold to us can easily kill a degu

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

wow, i didn't know that. thanks! i'm finding out now though, that i wasn't "sick", i had a reaction to a soup i ate (the can had a dent in it).

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 08:42 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder
wow, i didn't know that. thanks! i'm finding out now though, that i wasn't "sick", i had a reaction to a soup i ate (the can had a dent in it).
I always eat things/drink things from cans with dents...I didn't know that can cause problems...hmmm...

* Lisa *

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

with dented cans, i know it depends on how long the can (dented) is left to sit. once dented, the metal is "bent" thus unsealing any galvanized-type coating it had. this (very slowly) starts affecting the food, the same way leaving a spoon in a relish jar will do. i had a rash from head to toe as well, which is finally gone as of today. i've never had a reaction like that in my life. (this night i ate the soup, i woke up puking all night). i'm totally fine now, and my girls are stil okay. the can, i remember, was in the cup0board for a good 2 months, i was thinking no one ate it so it's MINE lol. anyways, all is well, no one's sick. my girl vahla is still sleeping quite a bit, but for example, she's up now and running on her wheel, though she IS favouring her front left foot which concerns me. she's not making any vocal fuss over it. I let them out to play today, she kinda picked a spot and curled up, so i made her move, so she snooped around then found another spot to curl up, so i ushered her back to the cage so she can rest there. slowly she's coming around. her eyes are different though, she REALLY has a deer-in-headlights look which makes me feel guilty i know we'll be okay. i love her too much lol

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 09:49 PM
RAT ADDICT

Oh wow! Thats something I didn't know about cans...I am gonna think twice before getting a dented can now!

I am glad that you are doing better.I am sure your baby is gonna be okay too...I dunno much bout degus,but maybe she is still a little shaken up about it?

* Lisa *

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

My girl is still a little shaky. I noticed yesterday that now she's favouring her front right paw, and she gives me a deer-in-headlights look. She's definitley not interested in approaching me, but she seems calm once on me, so that requires catching. I'm not doing that, I'm just letting her be, she's sleeping lots, to heal I guess.

With dented cans, that's why they're always ing a cart on sale, or left on the shelf, beware!

Tags
dust bath, dust baths