weird? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

weird?

i was just readin the forum and had my degu on my shoulder and was hearing a really faint warble.. the only thing i could compare it to...im guessing thats normal, at least i hope. was cute to me though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 12:03 AM

Their 'warbling' reminds me of a nest of baby birds. How two little degu can make such a racket, I dunno! But it sounds like a whole herd of critters in there!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 12:55 AM

It's normal for them no warble. They usually make that sound to each other when they're grooming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 04:50 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Mine are always warbling to one another normally when they are going to sleep and are all cuddled up, two of mine also make a cute very low whistling sound when they are happy and i've also noticed they do it when i enter the room aswell, i like to think its because they love me and not simply because they are thinking lets con her for another treat Degu's have a very complex vocabuary of communication and research is still being done into all the different noises they do make and the body language that goes with it, they are truly amazing little animals to read into

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

ive have heard many of the different sounds they make on one website... theres soOo many. originally i only thought they only made 4 but i believe they make like around 13+. they are amazing
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 05:29 PM

Mine do that too, especially when they are huddled together on their hammock and Georgie does it when she is sitting on my shoulders... I find it adorable!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 07:07 PM

I love listening to the cute little noises my degus make to each other. Except the extremely loud squealing at 5am when one of them just doesn't want the other one near him. It sounds like a mad piglet
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplebunny
Mine do that too, especially when they are huddled together on their hammock and Georgie does it when she is sitting on my shoulders... I find it adorable!
How did you get your degu to sit still? Mine are like live-wires!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I love that noise, so cute!

Hikaru makes that noise at me if we're cuddling (she's the only cuddly one, lol) .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Tags
baby birds, sit still