Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
11K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  afaust 
#1 ·
As most of you know i run my own degu website and i'm trying to get together a list of foods that are available worldwide that are suitable for degus so people have a quick and easy resource that they can look at and double check a food is safe (i.e contains no sugar or mollasses) or look for something new to feed their goo's. Which will be especially good for people new to degus and maybe aren't sure. I already know whats suitable in the UK but i was wondering if any of you could help me with other places around the world? What do you feed your goo's? What brands? Etc..... Thanks :hugg2:

#31 ·
I feed that diet too, and now Imana really, really likes it! It costs a little more than that here, so it is pricey. But she really likes it now. It took her a while to switch over, but I'm glad we did because it's such a good food.

Maybe you could wet some, mush them up, and use it to make little Degu biscuits - that might be more palatable?

#32 ·
Questions

Hi,

My name is Allan, and I came here on a search. I was in the process of searching for Degu food when I came upon a thread here.
Jessica, you mentioned that you are in Ottawa, and you found something called Sun Crunch. Upon doing the search for the name, I only found rabbit and other varieties, with no mention of deugs... which version/variety did you get. Also, what other foods do you feed them? All I can find here in the Hawkesbury area is Degu Nature, and I find the goos waste half of it, since they don`t seem to like it. I looked up the JR farms.. looks interesting, but can we find it in Canada? I looked up the Sunseed, and I see that I should be able to get it at Global Pet.. but dont know when I`m going to get to Ottawa next... so I`m looking for anything that my LPS can get...
Thanx in advance for any help.... I`m trying to help my daughters with their goos...

Allan

#33 ·
Hi,

My name is Allan, and I came here on a search. I was in the process of searching for Degu food when I came upon a thread here.
Jessica, you mentioned that you are in Ottawa, and you found something called Sun Crunch. Upon doing the search for the name, I only found rabbit and other varieties, with no mention of deugs... which version/variety did you get. Also, what other foods do you feed them? All I can find here in the Hawkesbury area is Degu Nature, and I find the goos waste half of it, since they don`t seem to like it. I looked up the JR farms.. looks interesting, but can we find it in Canada? I looked up the Sunseed, and I see that I should be able to get it at Global Pet.. but dont know when I`m going to get to Ottawa next... so I`m looking for anything that my LPS can get...
Thanx in advance for any help.... I`m trying to help my daughters with their goos...

Allan
This thread is a few years old and I don't think the posters will be back. I would personally go for the Sunseed food, it's fairly easy to find (you can get it online, too) as far as degu foods go and it's high-quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.