Worldwide degu foods - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 01:50 PM

I feed that diet too, and now Imana really, really likes it! It costs a little more than that here, so it is pricey. But she really likes it now. It took her a while to switch over, but I'm glad we did because it's such a good food.

Maybe you could wet some, mush them up, and use it to make little Degu biscuits - that might be more palatable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Newborn Pup

Questions

Hi,

My name is Allan, and I came here on a search. I was in the process of searching for Degu food when I came upon a thread here.
Jessica, you mentioned that you are in Ottawa, and you found something called Sun Crunch. Upon doing the search for the name, I only found rabbit and other varieties, with no mention of deugs... which version/variety did you get. Also, what other foods do you feed them? All I can find here in the Hawkesbury area is Degu Nature, and I find the goos waste half of it, since they don`t seem to like it. I looked up the JR farms.. looks interesting, but can we find it in Canada? I looked up the Sunseed, and I see that I should be able to get it at Global Pet.. but dont know when I`m going to get to Ottawa next... so I`m looking for anything that my LPS can get...
Thanx in advance for any help.... I`m trying to help my daughters with their goos...

Allan
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by afaust View Post
Hi,

My name is Allan, and I came here on a search. I was in the process of searching for Degu food when I came upon a thread here.
Jessica, you mentioned that you are in Ottawa, and you found something called Sun Crunch. Upon doing the search for the name, I only found rabbit and other varieties, with no mention of deugs... which version/variety did you get. Also, what other foods do you feed them? All I can find here in the Hawkesbury area is Degu Nature, and I find the goos waste half of it, since they don`t seem to like it. I looked up the JR farms.. looks interesting, but can we find it in Canada? I looked up the Sunseed, and I see that I should be able to get it at Global Pet.. but dont know when I`m going to get to Ottawa next... so I`m looking for anything that my LPS can get...
Thanx in advance for any help.... I`m trying to help my daughters with their goos...

Allan
This thread is a few years old and I don't think the posters will be back. I would personally go for the Sunseed food, it's fairly easy to find (you can get it online, too) as far as degu foods go and it's high-quality.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 03:30 AM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
As you know, I feed Sun Seed Sunscription Vita Degu Formula and recommend it . There's also Brisky's here in the US which isn't as good but still fine for degus.

I also feed my degus the sunscription. They love it. Along with timothy hay.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Newborn Pup

I thank you both for the information.... I will look for the sunseed subscription......

allan

Tags
chinchilla pellets, degu food, dried fruit, dried fruits, gerty guinea pig, guinea pig, guinea pig food, guinea pig mix, guinea pig pellets, local pet store, pet owner, pet store, pet stores, pig food, prairie dog, prairie dogs, sugar glider, sugar gliders, sunscription vita degu formula, timothy hay