Manitoba - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Manitoba

Winnipeg Humane Society - http://www.humanesociety.mb.ca/
Involved in protecting animals from suffering and in promoting their welfare and dignity. Site includes photos of animals available for adoption, newsletters, list of events, and a section for kids.

The Pas and Area Humane Society - http://www.geocities.com/thepashumanesociety
Works to promote the humane treatment of animals, and offers a cost-shared spay/neuter program, humane education, and pet therapy. Site includes news and a lost and found registry.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 04:06 PM

Small Breed Rescue
Linda Zee, 3095 Sinclair St., Winnipeg, Manitoba r2v 4n5
Phone: 338-7095 or
Email

KaLuMa Canid Rescue- http://kaluma.org/index2.htm

KLM is a member-based incorporated, non-profit association formed to help displaced and unwanted canids find new, loving homes. Our head office (which consists of our phone and internet access) is on Vancouver Island in the Canadian Province of British Columbia. Our organization does not have a shelter / office and therefore no canines can be viewed at our head office. All information about the charity is available online. If you have any questions, feel free to phone or email us.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

A friend of mine has an animal shelter as well, Pembina Valley Pet Rescue. At the moment she has about 80 dogs and 15 cats. It's non-profit and she's actually really struggling to find people to adopt them. I've been helping her out a lot by making posters and helping feed them. It's a lot of work and she devotes all her time to these homeless animals. Since it's non-profit and she spends all of her time with them, she lives only by donations and because there hasn't been very many adoptions she's having a real hard time coming up with the money to feed eveyone. It costs her about $300 a week. Does anyone have some ideas I can give her to help get more of the animals adopted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
A friend of mine has an animal shelter as well, Pembina Valley Pet Rescue. At the moment she has about 80 dogs and 15 cats. It's non-profit and she's actually really struggling to find people to adopt them. I've been helping her out a lot by making posters and helping feed them. It's a lot of work and she devotes all her time to these homeless animals. Since it's non-profit and she spends all of her time with them, she lives only by donations and because there hasn't been very many adoptions she's having a real hard time coming up with the money to feed eveyone. It costs her about $300 a week. Does anyone have some ideas I can give her to help get more of the animals adopted?
I live in Winnipeg and I have never heard of you. Where is Pembina Valley Rescue located? You need to get the word out that you around. Contact some of the local papers, that includes community papers. Also try some of the radio stations just phone in ask if you can tell listeners about your rescue group. A good way to get people to listen is to have a fund raiser of some kind. Ask people for donations for a garage sale. Is she a registered charity? Get a barbeque and have a hot dog sale. Have a special adoption day that goes along with your hot dog sale.

Just a few ideas for you.

Donna
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Newborn Pup

Manitoba is a Canadian prairie province. The province, with an area of 649,950 square kilometres, has a largely continental climate and flat topography.

Tags
animal shelter, humane society, neuter program