Abandoned Hammy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Abandoned Hammy

So a hamster was left at hubbys work in a box. I had hammys when I was a kid and have basic knowledge..food water bedding ect.
Its a big female syrian. Very "fluffy" and plump (wont say prego ill jinx myself)

So I have some carefresh bedding, and the water bottle leaked all night! UGH!!! Tried a diff one I had and it leaked too. I love the fact I can use bowls with rabbits, but I would be afraid shed drown in a shallow dish. lol.

And she is in a 10g and it's so small for her, so we are going cage shopping later but he got home late so had to use what was on hand. Any good cages you recomend? And gave her a cardboard kleenex box with kleenex and some soft hay and she shredded the box and sleeps out in the open lol...any advise would begreat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Adolescent Pup

I really like the Habitrail cages. They are easy to clean and are alot of fun for both the hamsters/gerbils and their owners. I enjoy adding expansions to them, and buy the chewable inserts for my gerbils to chew on.

Last edited by 16degus; 08-16-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Tags
advice, hamster, syrian