Chirping Dwarf Hamster - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
she-mayor of Whoville

Chirping Dwarf Hamster

Hey there everyone! I am new!!

I have, among my other creatures, an adorable dwarf hamster named Jigglypuff. She is less than one years old, and has become my 'baby'.

A month or so after she came home, I started to hear small squeaks and chirps coming from her cage. The chirps were nothing like the chirps that fighting or injured dwarves emit; but rather a barely audible series of chirps (like a baby bird asking for mother).

When I first went to see what it was about, I noticed that she was standing up, looking through the bars by the cage door, as if asking to come out. So, I opened the door and she happily climbed out.

Ever since, each day in early afternoon, Jigglypuff chirps and wants out! How adorable is this?

I have had dwarves for 10+ years, and have never had a Who (I call then Who's because of Dr. Seuss' Who's from Whoville) who vocally called for me! It is highly adorable (you may view a video of jigglypuff chirping in her vacation igloo on my youtube channel fuzzypixie16).

I guess my questions is, has anyone ever encountered a dwarf to chirp like this? Does anyone think it is a bad thing?

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Izzie the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

Sorry but I just have too write this first!! I love you hamsters name!!!!
Jigglypuff!!! That is a fantastic name!!!! I love it!!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well she sounds like one inteligent hamster!! I dont think its anything wrong! Just a character trait!! God i love that too hahahaha!! Id love too have myn do that, i would never get bored off it!! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
she-mayor of Whoville

well thanks jeff! I pride myself on creative names.. and yes i think it is intelligence even if it's just basic conditioning..

Boo the

Izzie the
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Adolescent Pup

No probs!! Still love it!! Thats deffinetly creative!!!
I wish myn had some! lol
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Betta Bomb

I wouldn't worry about it if its a personality habit !
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
she-mayor of Whoville

A very good personality trait because yesterday I had Jigglypuff on the couch, and I looked away for 2 seconds, and she was gone! I figured she fell off the couch because she was not visible on it.. I searched for about 10 minutes around my apartment, then I stopped because I heard "squeak!..... squeak!" and I was able to locate her in between the couch cushions!!

She couldn't get out on her own, so she called for me knowing I'd come! what a good doodilypuff!

Boo the

Izzie the
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Betta Bomb

safety! lol
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Adolescent Pup

haha!!! Love it, love it!!

Tags
chirp, dwarf hamster, hamster, happy hamster, squeak