Cookie - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Exclamation Cookie

HELP! my hamster is wet what is it? it looks like sweat but i Do not know if Hamsters do sweat. do they sweat? i need Help!! i'v had more then 10 hamsters in the past but none of them ever looked like this what is it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sally 16 year old Balck lab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chewy 6 year old Samoyed mix

Cassie 6 year old Britney spanial

Choctaw 3 year old Chocolate lab

Coke 5 year old Degu

Pepsi 5 year old Degu

Bubba 5 year old Dutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 04:03 PM
I am allergic to maths

Yes, hamsters can sweat but he probably just walked under the water bottle
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 04:06 PM
is a little "special"

Yeah, thats what I was going to say. Ive had hammies that accidentally went for a swim in their water dishes!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

its not his top it is his tummy

Coke 5 year old Degu

Pepsi 5 year old Degu

Bubba 5 year old Dutch
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
the rodent lover<3

Does the liquid Smell? There's a disease for hamsters called Wet Tail.
“Wet tail” This is a term used to describe a hamster that has diarrhea. The term "Wet-Tail" does not refer to a specific diagnosis or a disease this is just a descriptive term for the clinical signs. The clinical signs of wet-tail are wetness and matting of the fur around the tail and perineum of the hamster’s rear end. Any feces may be soft or wet. The causes of wet tail (Diarrhea) are numerous, and sometimes the cause can prove to be very elusive.

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

its not that now hes fine

Coke 5 year old Degu

Pepsi 5 year old Degu

Bubba 5 year old Dutch
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 04:04 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

My hamster always had a wet belly, it's nothing to worry about, I still don't know why he had a wet belly, wether it was sweat or not, but he was fine all his life. It could just be because he uses his bed so much and it starts getting damp, I always kept Valentines bed for more than a week and changed the rest of his bedding, if you do the same this could also be why, but I wouldn't panick to much. It probably happens when you are getting up to the day you are due to clean out the cage? It could also be because his fur is very greasy, if his fur is greasy and you are worried than just change the bedding more frequantly, also, if the fur is actually greasy and not wet, which could be an easy mistake to make, than it could just be a gene for the coat type to have greasy fur.
However, if he is eating, drinking and cleaning himself normally, than don't worry, it's probably one of the things I mentioned, if you notice him becoming lethargic, than definatly take him to the vets, I don't think he has an illness though
Good luck
xxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10

Last edited by laydeerodentzz; 06-17-2009 at 04:07 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 11:40 AM
the rodent lover&lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogGirlDee View Post
its not that now hes fine
Good to know

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~

Tags
cookie hamster