Dwarf Hamster - Lump - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Dwarf Hamster - Lump

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about hamster tumors ... My dwarf hamster has been fine but a couple of days ago I noticed that his eye looked a little bit swollen. Over night, his eye has become extremely swollen and puffed up (I don't think he can see out of it now). It is really breaking my heart as he is acting normal and eating and having cuddles like always but his eye looks terrible. I think it must be a tumor as it has grown so quickly and is now quite big. I want to take him to the vet but I know they can't do anything apart from put him to sleep as he is quite old. I also don't want to leave him as it really worries me. Has anyone got any advice about what to do as I don't want to make the decision to put him to sleep but if it for the best I will have to . Has anyone else had this with their dwarf hamster?

Any advice would be great

Thanks x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Newborn Pup

I've never had a dwarf hamster, only Syrian hamsters. It is hard to let go of something you've taken care of for a long time, but try to take it to the vet and see what they say. If they have no other alternative than to put him down, then you need to respect the vet's decision.
It was a tough time for me when my hamster last year got wet tail and had to be put down.

Youtube and Twitter: Coolgal4eva123
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P: Hami, Hamish, Scampi and Toffee, Crunchie and now Pepsi.... All my loveable hamsters
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome to the Family Fudge

Love, Hugs and Hamsters x
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Playful Pup

As Crunchie said, he needs to be taken to the vet to be inspected by a professional. I would base putting him down on whether or not you think he could possibly recover or have a decent quality of life.

Tags
hamster - tumor?