I hope that this is in the right section of the forum. I'm wondering, which would be a better pet for me, a dwarf hamster (or 2) or a rat?
I want to get one as soon as my grandparents move out of our house, within a year or so.
Here are some things to help your answers.
1. I'm still in high school.
2. We have a 3-bedroom house with bonus room
3. I love animals
4. I am very responsible, and am willing to give special attention to a pet.
5. I have taken care of the school's hamsters before (for summers and stuff)
6. I like pets that are not ultra-expensive, but that do need attention.
7. I like to play and cuddle with animals.
8. I have 2 10-gallon aquariums sitting in storage right now.
I have read up on some stuff on the internet (how wonderful it is) and I think that a dwarf hamster (or 2) would be better suited for me.
Replies are much appreciated.