First Syrian hamster, help! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Betta Bomb

As an alternative for the "miles and miles" my hamsters always ran in my room. On the bed, in the bathtub, in obstacle courses I made in the hall etc. . My hamsters were always very strong and muscular for such little guys.

But I guess individual hamsters will be picky and contrare. What odds. I have my own experience and I abide by it. Don't really care. You can take it or leave it. I suppose my input doesn't count if I'm not in the clic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 10:47 AM
she-mayor of Whoville

Well there's really no reason to be defensive about it, I respect you and your opinions, but it's just not feasible for everyone to exercise their hamsters like that every night. And the only reason why I went and asked other people is because I wanted to see if anyone did in fact agree with you and your position on wheels to give you a fair chance.

For a new hamster owner, I wanted to give her the best advice possible, and to me and to other hamster owners, the best advice I guess really is to keep the wheel available to them. It's not a clique, it's more that someone else agreed with me on it, and we have good reason to think that the wheel is important and a staple for hamsters.

I think it would be really great if I had the time and space to be able to do that with my hamsters every night, and I have absolutely no life outside of school, but It's just not realistic for me. And I worry about the bad behaviors that hamsters present when they are unable to unleash all their energy.

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Izzie the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Zoo Keeper

We were not teaming up on you we are both hamster owners who have experiences of our own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Adolescent Pup

Bluetrooth, Just wanted to point out that whenever your hammy gets used to the plastic ball and wants to use it more, like around a room, please make sure that any descending stairways are blocked off.
Good Luck.

Please have pets spayed or neutered and wearing an ID tag.
Adoption is the only option
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Zoo Keeper

Very true if the door is not latched the will find a way down the stairs ... I learned the hard way

Tags
syrian hamster