fun - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

fun

does any one have any fun activitys that me (the owner) can do with my gerbil, things they enjoy doing ta ta
all the help the better
i just want to be a good owner and give my gerbils the best life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Smile Re: Fun Things for Gerbils

You are so sweet to want to have the best for your gerbils! Do you already have toys in their home for them, like toilet paper rolls, small cardboard boxes (they love to chew!) and a safe exercise wheel? My gerbils just love to come out of their home and run back and forth on my lap as I sit in a chair, or just carry them around the living room with one of them perched on my crossed arms, so they can look at things and have a ride. We also put a towel down in the bottom of our bathtub, then set out a few little toys/boxes and let our two gerbils run around in the tub for about 15 or 20 minutes. They love to run and stretch their legs! And I swear they love to hear me talk to them in baby talk, ha ha.
Hope some of that helped!
(p.s. they love Roll-A-Nests from Petco, or a handful of timothy hay in their tank. And they LOVE a bit of banana or cheerio as a treat!
Vladina
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 04:50 PM
RAT ADDICT

I put Ember in the tub sometimes too,with a towel and make little obstacles out of boxes and things and she LOVES it.Or you can sit in the tub with them and they can climb all over you!

I also have a run-about ball, like those hamster ball and every now and then Ember gets a run in one of them.She loves that too, except when she gets stuck behind something and I have to come to the rescue!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Re: Amber in the Tub

Yes, we sit in the tub with them too sometimes also! They love to use us as a "mountain" to climb all over.

Tags
cardboard box, cardboard boxes, timothy hay