gerbil weaning - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Exclamation gerbil weaning

I NEED HELP! Does anyone know when gerbil babies should be weaned? my gerbil unexpectantly had 6 youngsters and i am trying to give away 3 of them. but i am not sure when they should be weaned. i have heard everything from 3 to 7 weeks! i was planning to keep the girls with their mom for company and put the boys in a separate cage (if i have any left since i am trying to give all the boys away so i do not have to buy another cage).

MY BABIES:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob
Lexi
Sophie

Misty
Midnight

Saffy
Sweet Pea
Zippy
Mandy

Pepper + 6
babies

R.I.P. Dezzie, Peaches, Puff, Pumpkin, Aurora and Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Mom should wean them at about 4-5 weeks of age. They can live with her longer, though, so just separate them on week 6 .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

thanks! i was going to give them away at 5 weeks old...

MY BABIES:

Bob
Lexi
Sophie

Misty
Midnight

Saffy
Sweet Pea
Zippy
Mandy

Pepper + 6
babies

R.I.P. Dezzie, Peaches, Puff, Pumpkin, Aurora and Ed

Tags
gerbil babies, weaning