Hampster stories. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Hampster stories.

I thoguht we could all share some good old ham stories.

Well we had to "males" who some how defided science and bred .So we had around 20 hams.We put them in plastic shoe boxes with holes poked in for air.And a couple in old bird cages.We'll after many had passed(old age and tumors) we had one , O.K (i need better pet names) well dad being oh so helpful bought a new cage.Two hours later he was missing.We looked like crazy around the house for him.After time we gave up (we had six cats at the time) well one day I was standing in the living room watching T.V and this dust ball runs out of our den and sits on my foot.I kneeled down and picked it up, it was O.K and he was O.K.He had been eating the cat food that fell under the couch.He had been missing about a month and was pretty dehydrated but we think he was drinking the cats water at night.I was so happy that he was fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 11:31 PM

There is no p in hamster. That's a very sad story. Could you not have found homes for them instead of sentencing them to such a sad confined life?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

We got almost all of them homes after about a month but we needed someplace to put them.I think we had 5 that we couldn't find homes for (the mom the dad, okay, and two others) they all got cages after we got homes for the others.

Ack there isn't!I always end up doing that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 07:20 AM
Guarded by Waffles

Thats a good story, sad but with a happy ending. I'm glad he was ok

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

lol, when i was little i got a hamster, had it in a 10gal fish tank i think, i dunno, but my dad bought some tubes and stuff for my next birthday.. so i added them onto his cage and the next morning he was gone, he had chewed right threw them. i looked everywhere for him, cuz we too had cats. i nearly gave up looking for him that night, i i made a lil ramp out of his tubes so he could get to his food and water if he came back. and i went to bed, i got up early the next morning to go potty and guess what i found at the foot of my bed? at cat sleeping all curled up With a lil bit of brown fluff, i almost screamed but then the fluff moved, and my hamster poked his head out to say hello, both slept there the rest of the morning, happy as can be... one very lucky lil hamster, and my 'i'll take attention from anywhere i can get it' cat

My Furry Family
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Aww, the hampster was looking for a warm spot!
I live behind a elementry school and the one teacher would release her class pets at the end of the year so they could "live free" well this area is surrounded by cats so they weren't getting very far, any who my cat came running in with a giant gold ball in her mouth(like how momma cats carry kittens)So we chased her down and found her under the bed grooming a hamster.We thought she was trying to eat him but no she was licking his fur.We took him from her and he was our new pet.

Tags
bird cage, cat food, fish tank