Hamster Problems - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Hamster Problems

Hi there. My problem is this.

Last week, I got a new hamster. He's a Male Syrian and my little sister called him Chrunchie.

Last Night. My Mum noticed something Odd about Chrunchie. He wouldn't open his eyes and his bum was all swollen. I don't know what is wrong but my mum has taken him to the vet at pet at hom just to check. He was fine yesterday morning and throughout the day. We just started seeing these signs last night.

Any help please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Also he's about 7 weeks old now
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 12:43 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

Oh my, what did the vet say?

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Izzie the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

The "Vet" Still hasn't called. He said that he'd keep Crunchie in his care just to check on him and everything and then he'd call. But alas... Still no word yet
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Good News.

The t rang up this morning saying that Crunchie had Wet Tail. He's fine now and the Vet has put him on Antibiotics and ill hae to keep him for a few more days but he is vastly improving. I've researched Wet Tail and everything adds up. The syptoms everything. But I'm glad Crunchie is fine. I have a few pics and will hopeflly be up on these forums soon.

Love, Hugs and Hamsters x
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 12:04 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

Excellent news. I am new to syrian hamsters as well, So i'm on the lookout for anything abnormal.

Boo the

Izzie the
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thanks tinypixiexoxo I've Syrian Hamsters before so know how to handle them. I just didn't know how to deal with a Hamster with Wet Tail

Youtube and Twitter: Coolgal4eva123

R.I.P: Hami, Hamish, Scampi and Toffee, Crunchie and now Pepsi.... All my loveable hamsters

Welcome to the Family Fudge

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 12:27 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

Oh lol sorry, why did I assume you were new to them?

Anyway, yay for Crunchie! Do you have any pics?

Boo the

Izzie the
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Yeah I have a few. Will put them up tomorrow

R.I.P: Hami, Hamish, Scampi and Toffee, Crunchie and now Pepsi.... All my loveable hamsters

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Sorry to say that Crunchie had to be put down today. The Vets thought he was recovering but when they checked him again. They said he wasn't so had to put him to sleep.
R.I.P Crunchie. You Shall Be Missed :'(

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 11:02 AM
she-mayor of Whoville

oh my goodness how sudden... :/

My favorite baby girl Jigglypuff died yesterday due to diabetes complications, so I feel for ya, and know what it's like.

rip Crunchie.

Boo the

Izzie the
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank You Tiny and I'm sorry for Jigglypuff. But the Vet said that they can replace our hamster for free with a free cage and everything. as we only had him for 5 days. So we have a new Male Syrian "Dark Chocolate Colour) But we haven't really decided on a name for it yet. My sisters want to call it Cookie
RIP Jigglypuff

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 12:50 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

Thank you you are sweet.

A new hammy! You are so lucky! And dark chocolate awwwww <3 <3

Boo the

Izzie the
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Zoo Keeper

Its probably a sable and Tiny Sadi is too old for wet tail so dont worry about that Tumors and respiratory problems are the main issues with syrians her age

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Our new Hamster has been called Pepsi now

Tags
eyes won't open, hamster problems