Happy Birthday Runty!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Happy Birthday Runty!!!!

Runty, a baby from my first litter of gerbils, turns 2 today! 8) Her sibblings, Porto and Phoebe have already passed away a couple of months ago 8(. Runty is the only one I have left from my first litter. I find it weird that she was the weakest of the litter, and had a gimpy paw... yet she's the one that has lived the most... however, Porto, who was the chubbiest and strongest of the litter was also the first to go. Anyway... celebrating Runty's 2... here are some pics (sorry, I didn't had time to take pics of her today... it is also my niece's birthday... lol)

First baby picture... note how Porto (dove/grey) is the biggest and Runty (black) is the smallest... she had almost catched up with her sibblings in this pic.

Here with her daddy, Kuzco... Kuzco loved his babies, but I swear, he knew Runty needed help and he saved her. On several occasions I saw him taking Porto and Phoebe and lying with them leaving Runty alone with Martina so she could reach the nipples and nurse. Kuzco's so clever!

Here Runty is playing dead... she likes to give me little scares like that...

These are the most recent pics I have of her... from one day that I took quick pics of everybody right in their own cages...

With then cagemate, Phoebe.... who would also be 2 today if she was still here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUNTY!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:42 PM

aww... she is very cute. I have lost several babies and one I had to have it put to sleep so sad. that litter wasn't a healthy one. This last one I have are very healthy, don't know the gender yet on them but thinking 3 girls 2 boys but in a few weeks we can be sure. I have some pictures of mine up in geeneral rodent chat I think. thread my baby gerbils.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 12:08 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUNTY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 01:48 PM

Happy birthday Runty.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Formerly Known as mya_papaya

i wanna get a gerbil theyre so cute runty is adorable... i really like the baby pic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 06:05 PM

yeah baby ones are the cutest little things we are very happy with ours
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! Yeah, gerbils are great! Secretly, Runty is one of my fave gerbils.. hehe
She looks a lot like her mom, Martina... when I had that first litter I used to say that I got one little Martina (Runty), one little Kuzco (Porto, the dove/grey one) and one was from the milkman (Phoebe, the REW/White one) LOL!!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 06:37 PM

I know what you mean there I have my favorites too and it is the one who looks like the mother Nibbles she is my favorite so the ones and mostly males looks just like her and he is the father of my infants I have now he is 7 months old now well maybe 8 lol he will be a year on May 22nd, my sons birthday and he will be 13
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 02:00 AM

Smile

Happy Belated Birthday RUNTY.

Great Pics, Enjoy'em while ya can.

But isn't it Great for the Short time there here with us, They give us Soooooo much Unquestionable Love and Affection...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 08:31 PM

Happy B- Day Runty
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 11:07 PM

Happy Birthday Runty!!!