Help!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Help!!

I picked up my hamster today and he had a mass or bubble like thing on his chest/belly area. Frodo (my hamster) also had a swollen front left leg. he doesnt look in pain or anything but what should i do? and what is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

he is also about 2 or something like that. when i got him they didnt know how old he was. please help.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 09:02 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

The bubble is most likely a tumor or a large abcess. Only a vet can help you determine exactly what the growth is.

As for the leg, get some Manuka honey. It's very expensive, but it does wonders for swollen appendages for hamsters. When you get the honey, take a cuetip and apply it to the leg twice a day. Don't worry about not getting it all on the leg, as a hamster grooms himself, he will move the honey all over and it will eventually get to where it needs to be. If you cannot do honey, try making home made thyme tea. Cool it in the fridge, and see if he will let apply it on his leg with a cotton ball.

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Izzie the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf

Tags
chest, hamster, mass, swollen, today