help!! going to be a grandma soon!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

help!! going to be a grandma soon!!!

hi im goin to be a grandma soon do to my dwarf hamster being pregnant. well yesterday i decided to clean her cage before she had her babies. well i picked her up and her hindquarters brushed my hand(i did pick her up gently) and there was blood so to make sure she didnt hurt herslef i checked where excatly it was comming from and it was comming from her area. so im all excited that she is going to have babies but this morning i went to check on her and ther was nothing. so im wondering how much longer does she have? do i need to be worried? she is exctremly active she if that helps any shes eating fine and drinking fine. she hasnt slowed down a bit in fact shes more active than usual and shes pretty active. please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

Not too much experience with dwarfs but my female syrians would bleed whenever they came into heat, it could possibly be a false pregnancy but I would definately wait for some more replys with people that handle dwarfs alot more than I do. Good luck with the babies though hope for the best.

Cat=1
Degus=2
Dogs= 4
Gerbils=8 (more on the way soon)
Hamsters=2
Parrot=1
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 07:56 AM

I've had 2 batches of Dwarf babies and all has been fine...no complications. The first time, I wasn't sure when she (Skittles) would deliver, but the next time I knew. I got to clean the cage the day before she delivered. Skittles would exercise up to the day she delivered. Pay close attention on how she looks during this pregnancy and the next time will be easier to tell when she will deliver. A few days before Skittles would deliver, she would always sleep on her back or side.
I hope all goes well for you and her. I know I was excited when Skittle first delivered and excited again with the second batch.

Tags
dwar hamster