Help i don't know if my Hamster is pregnant!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Exclamation Help i don't know if my Hamster is pregnant!!!!!!

I need help, My hamster might be pregnant, But i do not know. I have never had a pregnant hamster. I bought her from the pet store about two weeks ago and they said that she is pregnant, She is a teddy bear hamster, I have looked up how long Teddys are pregnant and i found 16-30 days. But i don't know i need all the help i can get!!!

~Love Dee~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sally 16 year old Balck lab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chewy 6 year old Samoyed mix

Cassie 6 year old Britney spanial

Choctaw 3 year old Chocolate lab

Coke 5 year old Degu

Pepsi 5 year old Degu

Bubba 5 year old Dutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:52 AM

Why would you knowingly buy a pregnant hamster?

Syrian hamsters gestation is 16-20 days not 30. They will become visibily pear shaped and you shouldn't handle her towards the end of her pregnancy.

When the pups are born, you must not touch them.
Just make sure that the mother has access to plenty of water and food. You could also start throwing in some extra protein in the form of scrambled egg or mealworms.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy954 View Post
IF ITS FAT ITS PREGNAT DDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Not necessarily.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
Why would you knowingly buy a pregnant hamster?

Syrian hamsters gestation is 16-20 days not 30. They will become visibily pear shaped and you shouldn't handle her towards the end of her pregnancy.

When the pups are born, you must not touch them.
Just make sure that the mother has access to plenty of water and food. You could also start throwing in some extra protein in the form of scrambled egg or mealworms.
Thank You!!! BTW do you know if you can see little pup heads? Because i have seen about three little bluges. i bought her because my other 3 hammies had all died in 3 months, so i was really sad about that.

Coke 5 year old Degu

Pepsi 5 year old Degu

Bubba 5 year old Dutch
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy954 View Post
IF ITS FAT ITS PREGNAT DDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH
all of my other hammies have been fat. and they were boys

Coke 5 year old Degu

Pepsi 5 year old Degu

Bubba 5 year old Dutch
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogGirlDee View Post
Thank You!!! BTW do you know if you can see little pup heads? Because i have seen about three little bluges. i bought her because my other 3 hammies had all died in 3 months, so i was really sad about that.
Yes, you can sometimes see the pups move around in the mothers tummy

Tags
hamster, pregnancy