I Feel Terrible... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

I Feel Terrible...

Sometimes I let my gerbils run around on the couch for additional exercise. Today I let one of mine run on it. She was all over the place and kept climbing up the backrest. As I was watching her, my brother placed a freshly painted canvas on the couch(I was un-aware he put it their at this time). My gerbil climbed back down and before I knew what was going on she ran on top of the canvas. Once she ran off the canvas. I pushed the canvas of the couch and examined her feet. They were covered in green paint.

I decided I would fill up the sink with about one eighth of an inch of luke-warm water. (Just so it would lightly soak her feet). This however, was not a good idea. She stepped in to the water and began to try and scramble of of the sink. Immediately, I put my arm in for her to climb on. She ran extremely fast up my arm and cuddled up on my shoulder. Some of her fur was wet from all the commotion so I grabbed lots of tissue and piled it up on the couch. She was fast asleep on my shoulder, I gently placed her in the mound of tissue.

The poor thing woke up and was still not dry so she once again scrambled up my shoulder. She remained on my shoulder for at half-an-hour and she woke up and was pefectly fine. The paint was all of her feet aswell. I just thought I would share this to you guys.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 11-13-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 04:34 PM

LOL Wow what a thing for gerbil lol. Well I'm sure she isn't mad at you, if she is she'll get over it. Next time tell your brother to put the canvas in his room or on a table lol. Thanx for sharing. Oh about her feet can't you get a wash cloth and put some warm water on it and gently rub her feet to get the paint off?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

I tryed, but she wouldnt stand still. I dont think it would have came off anyways without having to scrub hard, which would hurt her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 06:56 PM

Well, I'm relieved. I thought this was going to be another horrid "the cat ate my gerbil" thread posted by another nit-wit!

Not so. The gerb is fine and you're a caring owner.

I think I once got some glue on a long-haired hamster. I just trimmed it off!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, Zouave!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 10:52 PM

The paint should come off with time, I don't think there is much more you can do.
what type of paint was it?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 03:07 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

You shouldn't feel terrible! You tried to fix it. Trust me...your gerbil should be back to normal in no time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 05:36 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I agree you shouldn't feel bad as it wasn't your fault and you did your best and i'm sure your gerbil appreciates everything you do for her

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your kind words. She is back to normal now, actually he was a few minutes after she was dry.