I nead help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I nead help!

Ok so my 2yr old gerbil diamond just died and I am really worryed about what to do about my 3yr old gerbil butterball last time she was alone she got supper mean and would bite me any time I put my hand in the cage but I worried about getting her a young gerbil to play with will that work or will she kill a new gerbil I am going to do the split cage method no mater what but would an older or yonder gerbil be better for her?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Adolescent Pup

Hmmm well you could leave her by herself. She might just be upset and need time to calm down and stop biting. But i would say if you want to get her a friend then get 2 younger females. That way they have each other when she passes. But its totally up to you. Definatly do a split cage if you want more.

20 Rats
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3 Gerbils
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Agreed. It's always better in threes. I actually learned that here. If you have a social pet, it's better to have three of them so that when one passes, the other two still have each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

thank you guys so much that is what i will do

Tags
gerbil, new gerbil, spilt cage