I'm a little Concerned- Advice needed - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

I'm a little Concerned- Advice needed

Hi,
I'm in a little interesting prediciment. I work as a resident assistance in a set of residence halls at a college. In the residence halls they are not allowed to have pets that can live outside of water for some unknown reason.
However being as it is winter break most residents were ushered home on friday night. As a R.A. we perform inspections. During the inspections we found what i have come to know as a Dwarf Siberian Hamster- who at this time has been renamed Gizmo. The owner nor any of her roommates had registered for winter housing... So essentially she left it there for a month to die!

Of course having volunteered to be a winter ra i gladly said that i would take care of him....

However I have noticed he hasn't ate much of anything since i've had him... (only two days). I bought him so yogi treats. Put carrots and lettuce in his cage as well as his regular food. He doesn't seem to want to pay it any mind ....

Is there anyway i can encourage the little to guy to eat i don't want him to get sick

sincerely,
Faylynn....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 05:53 PM
RAT ADDICT

You could try a bit of egg or meat or some baby food.When I have a rat that has trouble eating or won't eat,I use baby food.

Unfortunatly if the little hamster doesn't eat,he may have a health concern.Could you call up a vet and ask them? Will you be keeping the hamster?

http://www.animalhospitals-usa.com/s...er-health.html

http://www.hamsterific.com/Nutrition.cfm

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Playful Pup

What ended up happening? I hope you kept the hamster, as those people seem to have no respect for other living beings! You should leave them a note telling them what terrible, unfeeling people they are, leaving a hamster there to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylynn1988 View Post
Hi,
I'm in a little interesting prediciment. I work as a resident assistance in a set of residence halls at a college. In the residence halls they are not allowed to have pets that can live outside of water for some unknown reason.
However being as it is winter break most residents were ushered home on friday night. As a R.A. we perform inspections. During the inspections we found what i have come to know as a Dwarf Siberian Hamster- who at this time has been renamed Gizmo. The owner nor any of her roommates had registered for winter housing... So essentially she left it there for a month to die!

Of course having volunteered to be a winter ra i gladly said that i would take care of him....

However I have noticed he hasn't ate much of anything since i've had him... (only two days). I bought him so yogi treats. Put carrots and lettuce in his cage as well as his regular food. He doesn't seem to want to pay it any mind ....

Is there anyway i can encourage the little to guy to eat i don't want him to get sick

sincerely,
Faylynn....

Tags
appetite, dwarf, hamster