info " advise" - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

info " advise"

My black bear hampster is started acting wered .. hes very jumpy and nervis . on some ocasions he seems scared . he has never acted like this befor and im very worried .. I am looking for advise maybe i can try to relax him and get my ninja back . i have had him for about 1 year hes very loveable but now i dont know whats going on can some1 give me some advise ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Newborn Pup

He may just have caught something. I think if this keeps up, just take him to a vet for a check-up to make sure he's healthy. That's the best advice I can give really. Keep a good eye on him and if he doesn't improve, take him a vet for a check-up

Youtube and Twitter: Coolgal4eva123
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P: Hami, Hamish, Scampi and Toffee, Crunchie and now Pepsi.... All my loveable hamsters
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome to the Family Fudge

Love, Hugs and Hamsters x
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

What kind of cage is he in? I've found out that with hamsters, whenever I had them in wire, or wire/plastic cages, they felt insecure and made themselves sick with fright. They popped back to normal in a solid cage like pure plastic(the Ovotrails are AWESOME), a bin cage, or a glass tank. They're a prey species, so an open environment means predation, especially since in their natural habitat they burrow and only come out at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Newborn Pup

has his food and bedding been the same? some of my rats are picky about their food/bedding and freak out if i get them the wrong ones

rylysratties.weebly.com
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Playful Pup

have you changed his food? a vet check may be good.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Playful Pup

I would give him a few days and see if it straightens out, if not, you may want to take him to the vet to make sure he is okay.

Tags
nurvis hampster