Photos! Introducing.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Introducing....

My newest addition...Shamrock!

I got him from a man giving away three baby hamster on Kijiji.This was the only male and I wanted a male,cause my last hammie was male and was pretty sweet as far as hamsters go! After seeing pictures,I decided I wanted to be a hamster slave again and so here he is!

Shamrock is named after my favorite pub (Shamrock City) and he is about 8 weeks old!

EDIT: I didn't know the outside of the tank was so grimy until after taking these pictures...it was in storage for awhile.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oooh, you got a new hammy! Congrats, he is so cute!

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Hello Earthling

Congrats!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thanks!

* Lisa *

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:03 PM
is a little "special"

Cute! I was wondering if you were gonna get another one

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Cute! I was wondering if you were gonna get another one
Thanks.
I debated the idea and as you know awhile back someone was going to give me a black syrian,but then gave it to the first person who could go over,even though she told me I could have him.Since then I was not really looking for a hamster,but browsing the classified ads,I came across these babies and decided to go for it!

Now I have a new family addition.He is quite stressed though right now,poor guy.

* Lisa *

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

so cute

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Congrats!
He's a cutie So small!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thanks.

He won't let me handle him yet,but he nicely took treats from me and would come and sniff me.

* Lisa *

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 04:34 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

he is so sweet looking. I like that name I have a gerbil named Shamrock. of course named after the shamrock its self and I liked the ring it had. I wanted his name to fit his moms Celtic Rose.
your on an Irish kick with names arent you lol its cool though I am like that with mice and greek and the ocasinal Roman and egyption names althogh I some times go off those names and pic others. my rats some have a theam like stare wars and the x men and others are what ever i come acorst I like that fits them.
I love how you come up with names. you must have a book chalked full of names. I have looked on the internet for names for pets or peopkr but they never seem to give you enough to chose from.
again he is so cute. his face is so inocent and sweet looking.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Betta Bomb

He's cute I had to re check the date b/c you never mentioned you were getting a hamster.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
He's cute I had to re check the date b/c you never mentioned you were getting a hamster.
No,because anytime I mention something about a new pet or a new foster,something goes terribly wrong.So this time I decided to wait until I had him before saying a word.

* Lisa *

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond01 View Post
he is so sweet looking. I like that name I have a gerbil named Shamrock. of course named after the shamrock its self and I liked the ring it had. I wanted his name to fit his moms Celtic Rose.
your on an Irish kick with names arent you lol its cool though I am like that with mice and greek and the ocasinal Roman and egyption names althogh I some times go off those names and pic others. my rats some have a theam like stare wars and the x men and others are what ever i come acorst I like that fits them.
I love how you come up with names. you must have a book chalked full of names. I have looked on the internet for names for pets or peopkr but they never seem to give you enough to chose from.
again he is so cute. his face is so inocent and sweet looking.
Nope not on an Irish kick.I love Ireland and always have.Newfoundland has deep Irish roots and so I have always loved the Irish culture and I think Irish names are really nice.My mice are the only ones with an Irish theme going on.

* Lisa *

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

the names are still cute though. and so is he.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.