Introducing My Gerbils - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Natasha
Born August 10, 2005
Pied Siamese

Phyllis
Born December 9, 2005
Spotted Burmese

Peekaboo
Born December 9, 2005
Burmese

Boris
Born July 27, 2005
Burmese

Genghis
Born December 9, 2005
Mottled Siamese
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Loopy AppleNose

They're all adorable, but I love the colors of Natasha and Genghis.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently reading: Light in August by William Faulkner
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 08:43 PM

Hi!

Welcome to PT!!! 8P

Beautiful little kids you have there! 8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

Lovely little fuzzies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 10:10 PM

i love phillis and peekaboo
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 01:36 AM

I love burmeses, and Peekaboo has a very nice dark tail, but I love the nose point of Boris... Very gorgeous gerbils, they remind me of a few of mine
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Thank you very much. That is not a super recent picture of Peekaboo- she was still pretty young there- it's just my fav pic of her LOL but yes, Boris's points are a lot crisper than either of his daughters'. You have some super cuties there, kim!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 07:25 PM

Thanks, I just adore colorpoints (as you can tell from my sig) I produced and kept quite a few burmese from my female Poppy, that reminds me of your Boris. If you keep colorpoints in a cooler environment during molting, the points will actually develop darker. They have a temperature linked thing, which also exists in himalayan rabbits...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsgerbils
They have a temperature linked thing, which also exists in himalayan rabbits...
Also works the same in siamese and burmese cats, rats, and mice. It's amazing how that little c locus works!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Very interesting that- I am thinking back now which room they were in around that age- some rooms of my house are colder than others in the winter and they were December babies. I will have to ask my daughter- she did most of the taming and care of them, but most cages in my house migrate to the warmth in the winter- just not sure where they were during molting.

I really must devote more time to learning more about gerbils- I really intend to but never seem to have the time. I am working hard to simplify and organize things around here then I am going to start back my gerbil education and looking seriously for a couple new females.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 10:45 PM

Well, I'm always up for gerbil questions... I may be more likely to get them/answer them in an email, but on forum questions are good as well, because then everyone can read the advice for future use
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 10:53 PM

Plus.... I come here every day... so I'll make sure to kick your butt in this direction and make you answer the questions!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 10:57 PM

Yes.. If I don't reply, Dima will track me down and kick MY butt for not answering your questions, lol..