Man jailed for attack on hamster - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Man jailed for attack on hamster

A former member of the Royal Navy has been jailed after admitting he kicked a pet hamster through the air like a rugby ball.

John Ackland, a divorced father of two, "dropkicked" Bruno, an albino hamster, three metres through the air during a "horrific attack" at his former girlfriend's home in Wincanton, Somerset, on May 3 this year.

Ackland, 31, also used a chair leg to pot Bruno like a snooker ball, hurled the tiny pet from an upstairs window during the drunken attack which was witnessed by two teenage girls and posted the animal through a neighbour's letterbox.

The creature was so badly injured during the ordeal that vets were forced to put it down.

Ackland was sentenced to 60 days' imprisonment at hearing at Yeovil Magistrates Court.

Read more here: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24112005/35...k-hamster.html

I felt that justice was served for the poor hamster, i hope this teaches the person and those people that think it's funny to harm animals makes so angry.

ae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 05:41 PM

Thats disgusting.. He should of also got a longer sentence, 60 days is just not enough for what he did!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 07:38 PM

OMG!
That is TRUE?
I just can't belive someone would think to so somehting so DISGUSTING. He should just be shot and killed, better yet let's punt him through a window!

Wow, i think that saying it true - "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 08:11 PM

PSYCHO!!!!! He is a pathetic excuse for a human.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaS15
OMG!
That is TRUE?
I just can't belive someone would think to so somehting so DISGUSTING. He should just be shot and killed, better yet let's punt him through a window
I agree.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 10:16 PM

My mother and I read this together. (I was showing her the turkey card.) Her exact words..."This is why people shouldn't get drunk."
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

That's horrible!!!

I want to do to him exactly what he did to that poor hamster .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

I agree, it is distgusting what the person did, makes you wonder what sort of person would even consider let alone do it. I know kids are sometime cruel but my GOD! This man deserves nothing more that what he gets
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm afraid thats the kind of world we live in today, some people just hate animals and see them as a ways and means to get at someone else. He deserves more than 60 days in prison and i don't think even after release he will have learnt his lesson unfortunately

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 11:54 AM

All those bad guy's out there are let to get away with their crimes.
I belive if someone can do this to a poor defencless animal, they can and WILL do it to another human being. And that makes them a danger to our scociety.

All serial killers start out hurting animals.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 01:36 PM

oh god thats so upsetting, it actually made me cry that poor poor animal what ever did he do to deserve that kind of treatment he must have been so scared its just heartbreaking someone give me a gun im going to go and shoot the b£$%ard
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 10:27 PM

That sicko needs to be hurled through a few windows and beat with a steel bat! Perhaps he didn't get enough time since he was a bigshot. People in the area where I am would get much worse for doing something like that.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 02:33 AM

Thats absolutly digusting, he should get way longer than 60 days! What if he goes out and does it again. I think he desevres more of a punishment.
Tilly x
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 04:28 PM

OMG! I cant beleive someone would do that! that man should have done to him what was done to that hammy!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 07:53 PM

I was just thinking-that is just like hurting a human yet they give him 60 days