My Baby Gerbils - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

My Baby Gerbils

Are almost 5 weeks old, and they are starting to ween themselves now. When the parents gets some food they are trying to get it from them. Today I was giving my gerbils some sunflower seeds they love them. the babies took them away from the parents, so the parents kept coming back to the cage for more, at first I didn't know what was going on, so I looked and sure enough the babies were rightthere for more lol finally the parents got their fill. The babies are fighting now for dominance and they are two contenders Braveheart and Giacomo they are so cute! in two more weeks I am separating the males and females because I have all I need right now baby boys will go with daddy and baby girls stay with mommy. I need to go and get one more cage Everyone tells me to sell them but I just can't do it, we hold them when they are just little jelly beans lol that is what they look when they are first born, but I bonded with them already and can't part with them now.I am afraid of getting the males nuetered they might die they are too little for anesthia I think, does anyone know about this procedure on gerbils?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:07 PM

I have had baby mice and baby Syrians and baby dwarfs, but never baby gerbils. Must be very nery cute.

(Glad you are keeping them all).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

They are very cute, I have seen the baby mice in the pet store and they are tiny little things I have some pictures of my gerbils in the thread my baby gerbils if you want to see them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 09:04 PM

Ah. OK.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 11:28 AM

If you're separating the boys and girls why would you need to get them neutered?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

I need to nueter because I don't want to separate the older ones just the little ones so will be the same age. I just have one boy baby I think so the father will be with the baby and I will keep two girls with her and two by themselves. I saw one drinking so now I can separate

Tags
baby mice, pet store, sunflower seeds