My bouncy bundle of energy! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
I am allergic to maths

My bouncy bundle of energy!

My new hamster, Skittles, is a bundle of furry energy! When she wakes up all she does is run and bounce around the cage, she has a wheel, toys and cardboard tubes to gnaw on and ramps to run on but all she does is gnaw on the door waiting for me to fetch her for play time! When she comes out to play she has to be in an enclosed space otherwise she will run off, do something nuaghty and come back with the cutest 'I didnt do it' look on her face. I am starting to get worried that she isnt getting enough sleep, as she spends alot of the day awake and all of the night to (the constant chewing doesnt help me sleep either ) Can anyone suggest some activities to wear her out so she gets more sleep? Also, I am begging to suspect she has a URI, she does these weird little noises that sound like hamster sneezes, but she has no discharge coming from her nose and she does make alot of other wierd noises. Its just that these noises are more frequent and are always the same noise.
But most of all, she is the sweetest little minx I have ever met, I love to see her coming to greet me and take any treats I bring. Just thought id share
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Awww! She sounds a lot like Patches!!! She sleeps very little too--although more as she gets a little older!! I can't so much as whisper in her room, or she's doing anything she can to get my attention for a little snuggle time!! She loves to nustle!! She also just got over a cold. She made sneezy sounds constantly, but her little nose was wet. She did this for about a week, but is fine now! She never lost any appetite or energy though~same ol' Patchy-poo!!!

Do you have pics of Skittles? I am dying to see her!!!

Mandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
I am allergic to maths

I have tried to post pics on this thread, but the computer is messing up, I have to wait till we get a new hardrive and motherboard (whatever they are )! Awww, I am glad she got over her coldd! All your hammies are so cute! Skittles loves to nuzle, the other day I let her out and she crawled up my arm and just lay next to my neck I loves her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 10:36 PM

Wow, sounds just like my little girl. Shes young now and small. SHES CRAZY LIKE ****. She bounces everywhere. Maybe its that shes too active for her own good? It possible shes just so hyper shes turned weird with her noises. My females noises are very low pitched compared to the rest. She gets so hyper she just doesn't know what to do with herself.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Does your little hammy have a ball? I used to have a hamster, she loved running around in her ball. She would go all over the house, Just make sure you block off any stairs or anything like that so she doesn't go for a tumble.. and make sure you don't leave her in it too long, since she'll need to break for water and a snack! And of course make sure the ball you get will be big enough, even if shes not full grown yet, and make sure the cover stays on it, one of mine had to be taped closed all the time.

My Furry Family
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Awww, Skittles sounds amazing! My Pipi will also constantly chew on the door until I get her out- sometimes I think she is actually going to open the door!!
Skittles sounds like the purfect hammy! If she has a URI, I hope she gets over it soon. It could be the bedding she's on to. Either that or it could be a cold. Are you using the same bedding as she was on in the pet store?
xxxxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
I am allergic to maths

I have a ball, she goes in it for about half an hour every day! Lol, hers has to be taped to, she keeps crashing into things and smashing it open!
She gets 15 minuits out of her cage in the mornin' if shes up, in the afternoon she gets fed and she gets stroked. The in the evening she gets 15 minuits running around then has a drink, 30 mins in her ball then a drink then 15 mins playing with me then I put her in her cage with a treat and shes off on her wheel till about midday with me giving her a stroke in the morning!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

lol, isn't it rather amazing how long they will run on there wheel? I wish i had that kind of endurance, losing weight would be no problem!

My Furry Family
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
I am allergic to maths

LOL! It looks like great fun too! I dont use the bedding they used in the pet shop, they had big piles of wood chips to sleep in! I have fluff, somtimes felt cloth-type strips or paper beddings. I am hoping it is just a cold, so far her only symptoms are sneezing and shes starting to develop a wet nose, no major oozing or crusty nose so wish us luck! I am keeping an eye on her and I stuff some tubes with bedding and tissue if she wants any extra! Im going to get her some new toys for her tommorow, in and out of cage ones. Also hopefully a new ball, one thats not as easy to smash apart!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hehe!! One of my hams figured out how to nibble on the door until it turned to unlock and popped off!!! Has to be taped now!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
I am allergic to maths

Hehe, the little minx, gotta love 'em!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

How 'bout when they just chew and chew until you have just had it and you go to the cage to yell at them and they scurry up to your neck and just love on you. My heart melts and I forget I was even frustrated!!! They sure know how to operate us, huh!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
I am allergic to maths

Yeah, lol, they are so sweet! Mine will just sit there and chew the cage door until I get annoyed and come over to let her out, and she just comes up on your shoulder for a stroke, you just cant stay mad at your cute lil fuzz butt for long

Tags
bouncy, skittles