My current gerbil litter - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

My current gerbil litter

These 4 were born on new years day making them 8 days old today

I'm 90% sure i have 3 girls and 1 boy but i'll know for sure in the next day or two.

These are pics that were taken yesterday

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

aaaww they are so cute. I love gerblis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks
I love their cute little clicking noises
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Playful Pup

Soooo tiny! They look like they've got peach fuzz!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I think that its cool the adults sound like the babies. When I fist got my 1st gerbil ever it was a DEH it was a boy but it started to make that noise and my parents and I pulled over thinking it had babies and nothing so we thought it was going to so we got home and set all things up and later that night we seen him which I cant remember what I called him and he sat their chirping I call it at us. lol he was a small guy. Later I got a book and found out he was a male which we kinds fingerd that out after he got a little bigger but I named him somthing that was boy or girl. I'll have to ask next time I talk to her.
But I love there whole personalitys and if I have to many boxs like mac a chees around and stuff insed of filling another bag I give them to the gerbils and mice and rats and stuff and what cool is with them the next day its gone. there my little paper shreders. lol they can litraly make there own bedding. the gerbils that is have it gone.
The babys are little darlings. oh give them kisses and pet them for me. give moma gerbil a pat and tell her good mommy for me as she had some wonderful darllings. are you keeping any of them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Hello Earthling

They are very cute.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond01 View Post
I think that its cool the adults sound like the babies. When I fist got my 1st gerbil ever it was a DEH it was a boy but it started to make that noise and my parents and I pulled over thinking it had babies and nothing so we thought it was going to so we got home and set all things up and later that night we seen him which I cant remember what I called him and he sat their chirping I call it at us. lol he was a small guy. Later I got a book and found out he was a male which we kinds fingerd that out after he got a little bigger but I named him somthing that was boy or girl. I'll have to ask next time I talk to her.
But I love there whole personalitys and if I have to many boxs like mac a chees around and stuff insed of filling another bag I give them to the gerbils and mice and rats and stuff and what cool is with them the next day its gone. there my little paper shreders. lol they can litraly make there own bedding. the gerbils that is have it gone.
The babys are little darlings. oh give them kisses and pet them for me. give moma gerbil a pat and tell her good mommy for me as she had some wonderful darllings. are you keeping any of them?
I might be keeping all 4 of them especially the sapphire and topaz because i've never had a sapphire or topaz before, i'm def adding them to my lines
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Cute!! Keep posting pictures!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 06:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

They are really cute.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
I might be keeping all 4 of them especially the sapphire and topaz because i've never had a sapphire or topaz before, i'm def adding them to my lines
I am hoping that my little one turns out to be saphire and I so would love a topez I have seen them as in pictures and they are so pretty.
I hope they trune out the colors you want. they are so cute. Even if mine dose not turn out to be a saphire but a lilace or dove it will still be the 1st as well in thouse colors for my lines. I love my agoutis they do throw some nice colored babies and I love the agouti color as well.
Have you thought of names for them yet?

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond01 View Post
I am hoping that my little one turns out to be saphire and I so would love a topez I have seen them as in pictures and they are so pretty.
I hope they trune out the colors you want. they are so cute. Even if mine dose not turn out to be a saphire but a lilace or dove it will still be the 1st as well in thouse colors for my lines. I love my agoutis they do throw some nice colored babies and I love the agouti color as well.
Have you thought of names for them yet?
We have come up with 2 names so far. Molly and Cinny
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Those are cute names. Have you got them sexed yet? Are there eyes open? oh I love when they just get them open.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Yep, i sex pups at day 7-8 usually. I have 3 girls and 1 boy.

It's only day 13 so their eyes arn't ready to open for another 4-5 days

Here are a couple of videos i took of them sleeping and twitching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCMT4z0jhFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9286s1TQVYQ
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

they are so cute. Some of mice are jumpy when they are little like that and other are not they are mellow. then the hopper stage they call it they are a handfull sometimes but they all settel down and become lazy buddles of furr. But every gerbil has a diffrent personality.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

3 pups have their eyes open now but the PEW still has only one eye open

Here are some pics They arn't that good because the little buggers are at that stage where they won't sit still lol.