My Gerbils - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Wink My Gerbils

I have new gerbils since I was last here so I will introduce them. All 3 are boys and they are spoiled rotten. They live in a 45 or 50 gallon tank. Its absolutely huge for them and they love it. I got them from a friend of mine who rescues. They needed homes so I got them lol.

Elmo is a red fox. Hes also the smallest of the 3 boys. He likes to jump on top of the water bottle but he never bites it, which is a good thing.

Bert is my black boy. He the alpha and a tad bit bigger then his brothers.

Ernie is a nutmeg. Hes so handsome, I adore nutmegs. When I got these 3 boys I had them at a young age so Ernie wasnt finished with his baby molting. He looked like a red fox or a honey gerbil. But once his molting was complete and he got his adult coat hes just amazing.

20 Rats
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3 Gerbils
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

Last edited by ratprincess777; 06-01-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: i need to add something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Hamster

I suppose I should post about my hamster here too. I dont want to make a whole new thread and waste space.

Delilah is my one and only hamster right now. Shes a black banded syrian. She was originally for a friend of mine who wanted a hamster for her son. She knew she would take care of the hamster and all. She would surpervise her child playing with the hamster. We went to the pet store because none of my friends who rescue had any hamsters in at the time. Well thats what i thought anyways. She found a young one she wanted. SHe was a bit nippy but I was keeping the hamster for 1 week anyways until the birthday so I said I can try and tame her down. Well the little brat got worse and worse. She was just mean and nasty. I called my friend and said i will check with one of my other friends who has a rescue. Sure enough, she had 1 syrian and she is the sweetest thing. So my friend got her and they all just love her.

Well I was worried about Delilah. She was sneezing and sleeping all the time. So I got her on some meds and was handling her all the time. I was scared she wasnt going to make it. But she did and is healthy now and still kinda of a brat but she does beg to come out. Shes a good girl thats for sure.

20 Rats

3 Gerbils

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Your gerbils sound like they have a fabulous home and so much room, that is great! Can you post pictures?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.

Tags
gerbils