My Hamster has Nine lumbs - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Smile My Hamster has Nine lumbs

I brought my hamster Olly to the vet and he said let the hamster die naturally in his own time and that was all grand when he only had one tumber. Now he has nine, they were on his stomach, legs and even by his mouth. I love him and he can still run around, but it is cruel to let him die naturally or should I end his life before it gets any worse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Zoo Keeper

try hamsterhideout.com a hamster only site ... They have an amazing med person. He is probably in a lot of pain.

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 11:58 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

oh no, not by the mouth .. :/ what kind of hamster is it?

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Izzie the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Newborn Pup

Are they external tumors? I think the onea udnder the skin are the ones they really cant do much for. My last hamster ChiChi had a huge tumor in her side. Originally I planned to let nature take ots course, but when I noticed she couldnt even get up to get water without falling and hurt too bad to even get out of her sleeping hole I made the decision to have her euthanized. Its going to have to be a personal choice for you, My vet thought paying to have a hamster put down was crazy, but to me it was worth it for her to be able to die with some level of comfort. Good luck making a decision!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

He is a dwarf hamster and I can see the lumps, there all red and swollen. I think they could be infected or something. He fur doesn't look as sleek or nice anymore either, thanks for all your help if anyone has any other thoughts thats may help me please shara.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Zoo Keeper

Could it be absesses? If you could get pictures it would really help.

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Playful Pup

Elli, if they where Abcesses the Vet wouldn't have said they where Tumors :\

I think the best thing to do is to put the poor baby down - I know you may not want to because you love them but they are obviously suffering. Tumors suck up blood in the areas they are resting, and when they run out their either rot away causing infection or they can rupture causing internal bleeding and a lot of pain.

If they are near the mouth it may be painful to eat or put items in it's pouches.

Putting the little guy down to sleep would be the best option.

(By the way, I am a Veterinary Technician, and we see cases like this very often and find that putting them to rest is the best option as to prevent things from getting worse or causing a long and elongated painful death.)

I am very sorry for your Hamster and I am sure you love your Hamster very much just as much as it loves you. Please think about it

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 01:49 AM
Newborn Pup

Poor.

Tags
hamster