Need help with my gerbil! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Need help with my gerbil!

Hi there
My boyfriend and i bought this female gerbil from a petshop 3 days back , we named her Mocha.
Today when we were having our "get to know each other time" we noticed that she's kinda having a pear shape , we checked for the nipples but there are none . Hence we googled and tried to search for more info but couldnt find any to answer those in our mind .
Shes eating alot & bitting on the wooden stick's we have ( she already bitten 4 of them within 2days) .
Can anyone help by telling more symptoms of a pregnant gerbil?
Another thing is she doesnt like to be handled by us , she keeps shitting on our hands and walking very quickly .
We're trying our best to spend more time handling her or should we try the potty training
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I don't have personal experience with female gerbils but do you have a small animal vet you can call to ask the symptoms and signs of pregnancy? Since you just got her, her habit of not wanting to be handled and pooping on you a lot is that she is very nervous and frightened right now, as most gerbils can be when they are taken into a new environment. Lots of patience, gentle talking and love will help her to calm down and get comfortable with you once she learns she is safe with you. Gerbils are very social...they can get depressed if they are alone....have you thought about adopting a sister for her so she has companionship when you are not around?

Tags
gerbil