need some hamster help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

need some hamster help!

Hello there, I am new here and I am just so lost on what to do with my hamster. I have a dwarf hamster, she is almost a year old now. And about 8 months ago she was a healthy happy hamster. She had a brother Fluffy and when he died she started losing her fur and has become very anti-social. I have tried everything I can think of. Now she is almost bald! I thought she had mites but no, tried changing her food, her cage, bedding. Cod liver oil, olive oil, vitamin drops. I am at a loss. she is very active. We have another dwarf hamster who is albino and she has had no problems what so ever. she has to be in a seperate cage since my other one, tried to kill her. Any help would be appreciated. I might just need to break down and go to the vet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Zoo Keeper

Sounds like nerves and stress ... you could try a fake friend like they do with male mice.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 11:09 AM
she-mayor of Whoville

I would recommend taking her to the vet. Does her skin look puffed up? Is there any puss or ooze anywhere? Does she smell interesting?

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Izzie the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Zoo Keeper

Yeah the vet is always best she sounds depressed losing a cagemate is very hard.

Tags
fur loss in hamster