Need suggestions-pretty quickly!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Need suggestions-pretty quickly!!

I am needing to order more aspen bedding for my hammy cages, but all the online stores have tripled their shipping costs for it. Like the bag is $8, shipping is around $30!!!!!! Are there any other brands of aspen that are just as soft and healthy as Kaytee? Can anyone suggest an online store for me? NOBODY around me sells it so I have to order online!

Mandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:26 AM
is a little "special"

I dont know any places to order online, but have you tried a farm supply-type stores? I get massive bags of aspen at Fleet Farm for $5, and massive bags of compressed kiln-dried pine pellets for $5. Look in the horse section of any farm store, and I garentee youll find them!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Jess!!!!! Thank you so much! That never even occurred to me!! I'll have hubby take me tonight--he knows a great farm supply store!!! Wish me luck!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:55 AM
is a little "special"

No problem! I hope you find some!
... And save some money, LOL!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Hello Earthling

Good luck finding the bedding you need Shipping is killer on everything... so are the taxes

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 11:29 AM

Ha! I was so going to suggest a farm supply store, but Jess beat me to it. Smart thinking, Jess. But, yes, it's always cheaper there. I used to buy Aspen bedding from Wal-Mart for five dollars or something...untill I saw triple that size bag at a tractor supply shop. I --oh of course-- go there now. It's less expensive and I personally trust it more for my beloved hamster. It smells better, in my own opinion. So, I'm anxious to find out if you've found any. Good luck!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I tried Walmart, Target, pet stores, you name it around here and nobody had it. I have several farm/tractor supply stores in my area and they never even crossed my mind!! Funny thing is when I was having the same problem with my babies food, I did think of them then, but they didn't sell my brand!! I can't wait to go tonight!! Is it insane to get excited over buying bedding for your hamsters!!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Great news!! Went to Tractor Supply and they have the 4 cu. ft. bag for $9.00!!! I was sooo happy!! Thanks Jess, and everyone else for the suggestion! You saved me a ton of time and money!!!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 07:52 PM
is a little "special"

Yay! Im glad you found some!!